H&R OE Sport springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H&R OE Sport springs

Just wanted to know if any have this setup, or if you've heard of it. I ran past it on Pelican parts. It consists of a 1.0" drop up front and no drop in the rear...but ti's supposedly gives a more compliant ride, without the harshness of lowering it more. Anyw thoughts?
    '98 BMW 318ti M-Sport California
    '87 Ford Sierra (Merkur) XR4ti (Track)
    '99 DINAN/Hartge 3 (retired)
    '88 325iS Eurosport (retired)
    '85 318i (retired)

H&R make good springs. Your choice should depend on how you plan to drive the car and also the area you live in.

If you can't have much of a drop then I would say you will be happy with the H&R springs. Don't forget new shocks as well.

Comment

Originally posted by nateb
      H&R make good springs. Your choice should depend on how you plan to drive the car and also the area you live in.

If you can't have much of a drop then I would say you will be happy with the H&R springs. Don't forget new shocks as well.
      I'm not a hard driver, so this setup might do (for now). Can the stock shocks handlle H&R OE setup, even with minimal drop?
      '98 BMW 318ti M-Sport California
      '87 Ford Sierra (Merkur) XR4ti (Track)
      '99 DINAN/Hartge 3 (retired)
      '88 325iS Eurosport (retired)
      '85 318i (retired)

Comment

BavAuto sells the OE Sports as a replacement for stock springs that will go with the stock struts and shocks. I assume they are right about that.
        Current Cars
        2014 M235i
        2009 R56 Cooper S
        1998 M3
        1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by ///Mtechnik88
          Originally posted by nateb

I'm not a hard driver, so this setup might do (for now). Can the stock shocks handlle H&R OE setup, even with minimal drop?
          If you get the minimal or no drop replacement springs the stock shocks should be fine. I would replace the shocks while your at it, it will be much easier to do it now since your replacing your springs anyway. You could go with stock replacement shocks or get some nicer aftermarket ones like the bilstien HD or touring.

Comment

Working...
          X