Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would installing E30 M3 springs into '90 318is be a benefit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would installing E30 M3 springs into '90 318is be a benefit?

I have been offered a set of E30 M3 springs for a reasonable price, half the prce if i were to buy sports springs from an Australian spring maker. How much drop in ride height should i expect with the M3 springs, also are they a much stiffer spring than the stock 318is and will it improve handling ?
    1990 318is Brilliantrot

Mine handles OK w/the aftermarket sways and M3 springs, but I'd like the ride to be lower and stiffer. The difference between M3 and is spring rates is negligible, anyway.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Originally posted by e30Matt
      Mine handles OK w/the aftermarket sways and M3 springs, but I'd like the ride to be lower and stiffer. The difference between M3 and is spring rates is negligible, anyway.
      Plaster, dump your car to the ground and then ditch the but strut or it will get ripped out at the first sight of uneven road surfaces. You know you wanna get GCs
      - 318is 4 life

Comment

Hey don't go hi-jacking my thread :P beeyatch.
        1990 318is Brilliantrot

Comment

It's not really worth the money, everyone that buy's M3 springs ends up getting something lower/stiffer later on.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by mjc85
            Hey don't go hi-jacking my thread :P beeyatch.
            haha :D Sorry.
            I would say that M3 springs would be a waste of time but. If you wanna keep a stock ride height look and for the car being more practical (waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles) then go for it. Just go for some aftermarket setups.
            - 318is 4 life

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
              It's not really worth the money, everyone that buy's M3 springs ends up getting something lower/stiffer later on.
              I don't know about this. All I really want out of my M3 springs is to close the wheel gap a little. I can't lower the car too much because of winter.

I'll see once I get them on the car.

-Spencer

Comment

Well i have Bilstein Sport's all round from the previous owner :D So i just want some good low stiff springs to lower me 1.5-2inchs to make the most of my Bilsteins and try to eliminate as much body roll as possible.
                1990 318is Brilliantrot

Comment

Originally posted by mjc85
                  stiff springs to lower me 1.5-2inchs
                  You're not describing M3 springs there.

Sounds like you want H&R Sport or IE Stage III
                  Originally posted by Gruelius
                  and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Yep that's what i was thinking, except in Australia we don't have the same springs as you guys, we have H&R but they are over priced, i will prob get some Lovell or King Springs in Sport Low (1.2 inch drop) for the rear and super low (2 inch drop) for the front. My rear wheels already almost tuck under the guards with stock springs.
                    1990 318is Brilliantrot

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer
                      Originally posted by Digitalwave
                      I don't know about this. All I really want out of my M3 springs is to close the wheel gap a little. I can't lower the car too much because of winter.

I'll see once I get them on the car.

-Spencer
                      I live in Canada too, not as much snow in ONT as BC but I live threw the winters.

Sold it.

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer
                        I can't lower the car too much because of winter.
                        -Spencer
                        Ground Control. 8)
                        '91 318is
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X