Rear sway bar reinforcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony,

Go with either IE rear sway bar reinforcements or SBI version (www.sbibmw.com) You might want to check out SBI's rear strut bar as well.

What bars are you running?

Comment

Not sure yet on the bars, either ST or BMP. Some I talk to think the 19mm rear is to much.

What are your thoughts?

Comment

Well some say that running sway-bars are not worth your time but you have to have one expensive spring/shock (probably also external damper as well) to run with out sways..

If you took a look at our web-site, we have a E30 M3 that is set up for driving events and future races. We are running J-Stock Setup but with IE bars. The car is on rails. But I have heard people saying IE bars are too much, but I believe they were using coil-over set up.

You should match up your sway bars with the spring/shock combo your going with. Heck you can go cheap and go with a 21mm (325ic bar) and a 14mm (E30 M3 rear bar) and move on from there.

Comment

The trunk-mounted reinforcements were a slight pain in the ass. I had to scrape away a small protion of the tar-insulation crap on either side in the trunk. I marked everything out with a white-out pen or something like that, drilled the holes, and siliconed the bracket against the mounting surfaces for extra protection. For the link mount reinforcements (aka TRIANGLE WASHER THINGIES), my uncle did the welding on the trailing arms after I scraped the arms clean down to the steel.

heres the idea...

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
          HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
          **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

Clavin,

You didn't weld it to the trunk floor?

Comment

no :shock:

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
              HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
              **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

ST bars

Those that are running the ST bars 22 19 mm and the reinforcements?

Has anyone had problems with them tearing after reinforcing them.

On the ST bars some say that there was a bad batch made that are a real pain in the arse to install.............has this been solved.

Comment

If you're referring to the rear bar being a PITA, then no it hasn't been resolved. You really have to muscle the mounts into place as it seems like the bar is just a "teeny" bit short.

Comment

Working...
                  X