Junkyard Carnage - Post Your Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junkyard Carnage - Post Your Pics

Went to the yard yesterday and I was checking out all the m62b44 cars in the yard and kept coming across two things that happened to all of the m62b44 cars I saw.
    1. The valve covers had been cracked open on each head
    2. The crank was broken right flush with the block

Any one else seen some crazy ass shit like this before? These motors are effectively ruined.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

People are animals, they should be put on a leash.

I've been to a junkyard one single time (all are like an hour plus drive away) and was looking for m30 stuff and saw a nice injector harness covers shattered, and intake hammered to pieces etc. It's disgusting
    ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
    Originally posted by blunttech
    I need you to exfoliate my ballsack
    Build Thread?

Comment

You are right. I just have no idea what the hell someone would do this for. Maybe it's the junkyard's way of saying the motor is bad? Hell if I know.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

So damn annoying when people tear up what you need just to cut corners. I'm all for slamming a rotor through a window while I'm there but I try to aim for camrys and civics when I feel the need to get smashy.
        Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

The M62 cranks are probably broken when people try and remove the jesus bolt in the junkyard. Those things are damn near impossible to get off apparently, even more difficult in the wrong conditions.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
          Transaction feedback
          - jpod999

Comment

Here there is two types of yards..

1. Scrap metal sales and uses car parts and bonus money.. They yank cats and other easy to sell high dollar parts and put the rest out in the yard..

2. Used parts sellers.. Cars are sanitized and stripped for top sellers and some have their lot as storage where as others are stipping completely and crushing shells quite fast.. Indor storage w searchable inventory and web order.. You are not allowed on the yard..

You get quality parts but sometimes they get to cost some money tho.

None of that "parts i want is fubar 'cuz some ****whit removed the panels with a pickaxe to get the 28 cent light bulb" tho :)

Comment

Pick n pull are fun. Carnage happens. Great place to practice and even better place to score some great parts for low dough.
              ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

How it looks like at the metal recyclers..

Fixed price for common parts and "WE DON'T LEND TOOLS!" sigsn everywhere..

Pic is a cpl weeks old now. Still there but it's been dismantled w a pickaxe more or less

Comment

Originally posted by Hool View Post

How it looks like at the metal recyclers..

Fixed price for common parts and "WE DON'T LEND TOOLS!" sigsn everywhere..

Pic is a cpl weeks old now. Still there but it's been dismantled w a pickaxe more or less

Dang...not even on cinder blocks? Whatever happened to that fender?
                  1988 Atlantisblau Euro/Japanese 325i Cabriolet
                  1989 Schwartz 325i - now M50 powered! - now very dead
                  1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited
                  My 17,000km Big NA National Parks trip!

Comment

I see people break apart m62 timing cases all the time to get at the guide rails. Never seen a crank broken, but I assume the chain/guides are what they wanted since that's all missing in your pic.

Thing that always annoys me is when you see a nice dash that someone has attacked with a pry bar to get at a radio or something
                    Byron
                    Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                      I see people break apart m62 timing cases all the time to get at the guide rails. Never seen a crank broken, but I assume the chain/guides are what they wanted since that's all missing in your pic.

Thing that always annoys me is when you see a nice dash that someone has attacked with a pry bar to get at a radio or something
                      It's strange that every ine if them were sheared off right there. 3-4 cars? Let alone the smashed valve covers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                        It's strange that every ine if them were sheared off right there. 3-4 cars? Let alone the smashed valve covers.

The PS pump bracket on the bottom of the alternator housing tends to break off...then you have to replace the entire lower timing cover. As noted above, the jesus bolt is a bear to break off, so it's easier to cut. Similar story with the valve covers, they need to come off to get the timing covers, but it's a long procedure to do it properly (have to pull the fuel rail/injectors), so the shortcut is obvious.

I certainly hope nobody's going after used guides, especially in a junkyard.

Comment

Originally posted by TSI View Post
                          The PS pump bracket on the bottom of the alternator housing tends to break off...then you have to replace the entire lower timing cover. As noted above, the jesus bolt is a bear to break off, so it's easier to cut. Similar story with the valve covers, they need to come off to get the timing covers, but it's a long procedure to do it properly (have to pull the fuel rail/injectors), so the shortcut is obvious.

I certainly hope nobody's going after used guides, especially in a junkyard.
                          That would be a fools errand.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Aych View Post
                            Dang...not even on cinder blocks? Whatever happened to that fender?

Unloaded and put on the ground in the yard useing a wheel loader..

Customers brings their own jack if they want to pick anything from the underside of the car..

I can see if i can snap a pic next time im there.. Carnage

Comment

Working...
                            X