Why no Z3/M54 oil pans for E30 swaps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E38 sump

Hi Andrew. Are you saying that an E38 sump will work on an M54 in an E30 without modifying the cross member? Or does the cross member still need modifying like the Arc asylum one? Thanks Chris

Comment

Originally posted by bmw444 View Post
      Hi Andrew. Are you saying that an E38 sump will work on an M54 in an E30 without modifying the cross member? Or does the cross member still need modifying like the Arc asylum one? Thanks Chris
      Yes that is right. Just use e38 m52tu oil pickup tube. (11411432735)

Comment

I had a look through your build thread. That is an amazing job you have done on those two E30's. Just the rust repairs alone would have burned most people out.

Just to be clear. So the E38 sump will work with no mods to the standard cross member.
        You wouldn't have a photo by any chance. It looks like on your cars you were using E34 front sumps not the rear sump like on a standard M54 or E38 728.

Thanks for clarifying this for me. I am right in the middle of modifying my e30 to fit an m54 and really would like to go rear sump for ground clearance as the E34 sumps hang pretty low.

Comment

E38 is a front sump like E34.
          Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying that Andrew I got all excited thinking the E38 had a rear sump that would fit with a standard x member. I will go back to modifying my x member for more room at the back similar to the Arc asylum setup, move the sway bar to a front mount and squeeze in a standard m54 sump with a bit trimmed off the front of the sump bit if I need to. For information this is going in a gravel rally E30 and I want to have as much clearance as possible for the sump guard, especially at the front. I've seen a couple of front sump setups but they hang too low for my liking.

Comment

Working...
            X