m54 in a 1987 325is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m54 in a 1987 325is?

Will it work? the engine is from a 2001 330i. It was pulled from the car and was over rev'd. But they only want $375 for it. Here is what they said about the damage "It was over-revved, it had a slight ticking and some bottom end damage, it drove and ran fine, just made a ticking noise. I dont have any pictures, you can stop by our shop in hilliard and check it out if you want." If its in decent shape and the swaps not to hard, i think it'd be a good buy. I can prolly get it for $300 cash. any thoughts would be appreciated.

First, not to be a dick, but this belongs in the 24v DOHC section.

Second, if it was over-revved, it's probably fucked up. I wouldn't buy it for $300, I'd wait until a good one showed up.
    '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
      First, not to be a dick, but this belongs in the 24v DOHC section.

Second, if it was over-revved, it's probably fucked up. I wouldn't buy it for $300, I'd wait until a good one showed up.
      sorry, i didn't see a m54 section, and this one was listed m30 and other swaps so i assumed it went here.

Comment

The M54 is a 24V DOHC motor. Pretty clear about the section it belongs in.

Anywho, it can be done. I don't think it HAS, but there are no insurmountable barriers.

Comment

If a M73 can be put in an e30 and m52 should be a breeze

Comment

Originally posted by thebmwM View Post
            If a M73 can be put in an e30 and m52 should be a breeze
            the electronics of the M54 would be a nightmare..traction control, DSC, etc all that crap thats tied into the harness...no bueno. just stick in m30 in it the electronics for it and the m20 aren't too different

Comment

Working...
            X