No announcement yet.

S54 making the jump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AWHP? REALLY? Dude, you have no f'ing idea what youre even talking about. Do some freaking research before you come in here saying you want to do this and that. And since you obviously havent figured it out, research does not mean starting a thread asking for a complete parts list. READ!!!!

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
    You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

RWHP. ya man i hit the wrong key. your awesome to man. what are you in the 10th grade.

Comment

Originally posted by ggoodling View Post
        why is the euro S52 and better choice and what is the price on one?
        First of all, there is no such thing as a Euro s52. The s50US and s52US were built specifically for the American Market.

The Euro motor is referred to an s50b30 or s50b32 depending whether it is 3L or 3.2L
        It is a better choice than the s54 because it is much more straight forward.

And finally, as stated above, search. All of these basic questions you are asking can be found by searching. After you search and read all the threads you find, and still have some specific questions, then ask away.

-Erik

Comment

^ haha this is great . :D

This is why you need to make the slightest bit of effort on your part and research a little online .
          Hell like I mentioned there are quite a few threads here alone that adress this swap .
          Also tons of info out there on the Euro swaps .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Originally posted by ggoodling View Post
            your awesome to man.

Well I learned proper English in elementary school, so I hope that's all the education you have. I sure would be embarrassed if I wrote sentences like that.

In all seriousness, I'm just sick of noobs like you coming in here and making threads asking for complete parts list on complicated projects. Like was said before, if you dont have the due diligence to research what you want to do, there's not a chance in hell youre ever going to complete the project.

There was a large thread a few months ago detailing the difficulties of the S54 swap. Go read it and if you still want to use an S54, come back with specific questions. r3v would be happy to help you, even though no one here has attempted nor completed the swap in an e30(a hint as to how hard it is).

/rant

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
            You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

The lack of knowledge in this thred is staggering....

The euro s50 and s54 are very similar swaps. If you are looking to swap an s54 then you should look at what people are doing to fit the euro s50.

The s54 will mount with the 535 mounts provided you use e36 arms. To use the e46 m3 6-speed you need to use e36 evo 6-speed shifter stuff and a custom trans x-member. For the throttle VAC sells a conversion kit to use. You also need to do "something" with the brake booster... i.e. get rid of it, get a smaller one, make or mod the intake plenm, or move the master booster into the cabin or forward behind the headlight.

The s54 is a better engine than the euro s50 no matter what anyone says. More power and better technology... not to mention you can actually get parts for it in the US. If the euro engine was better BMW would never have designed the s54 to replace it.

Also you would be much better off to use a standalone for the ems. It eliminates a lot of headaches and gadgets that simply would be near impossible to use on the e30. Evosport has an ems for the s54 that basically retains everything that you can use in the e30.

good luck... bring money
              e30sport.net
              '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
              '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
              '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

I've experienced euro s50b32 motors in both e30 and e36's. Don't be fooled by numbers...the s54 motor has a lot more power than a euro s50b32. BMW numbers are one thing but the truth is that the s54 is a more advanced higher output motor. I personally think an s54 swapped e30 would be awesome and significantly quicker than a euro motor swap.

my $.02 based on a little experience

Comment

I would rather have an M54B30 than an S54. They have very similar performance up to 6800rpm and the aluminum motor is lighter.

Just a thought...

Comment

Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30 View Post
                    good luck... bring money

That is brilliant in its simplicity.

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                      I would rather have an M54B30 than an S54.
                      :giggle:

Originally posted by whysimon
                      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Either way it goes, whether yuo do an S54 or a euro S50, there's still too much power for a run of the mill E30.

So why bother with an S54?
                        Unless you plan to convert to 5 lug for a better wheel choice or come up wtih huge rear tires and serously reinforce the subframe, huge brakes etc etc, you'll never even come close to feeling all of the power that is either engine. So if you're dreaming up an intense motor swap project and cant spend more 15k dollars, throw an M50 in and call it a day. If you're original post is any testiment to how you are in real life, you probably shouldnt be driving a car with all of that power.

Comment

Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30 View Post
                          The s54 is a better engine than the euro s50 no matter what anyone says. More power and better technology... not to mention you can actually get parts for it in the US. If the euro engine was better BMW would never have designed the s54 to replace it.

Also you would be much better off to use a standalone for the ems. It eliminates a lot of headaches and gadgets that simply would be near impossible to use on the e30. Evosport has an ems for the s54 that basically retains everything that you can use in the e30.

good luck... bring money
                          OMGWTFBBQ, SAY IT AIN'T SO, SOMEONE WITH THE ABILITY TO REASON??! Right on with every word, esp the last bit.

Comment

I don't get why everyone is so worried about using an EMS on the S54...

It's just a motor people... it's not like they've reinvented the wheel.

And you don't need a $5000 stand alone to do it either.
                            E36 · VEMS · TUNING
                            Google Talk: NOTORIOUS VR

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
                              Either way it goes, whether yuo do an S54 or a euro S50, there's still too much power for a run of the mill E30.

So why bother with an S54?
                              Unless you plan to convert to 5 lug for a better wheel choice or come up wtih huge rear tires and serously reinforce the subframe, huge brakes etc etc, you'll never even come close to feeling all of the power that is either engine. So if you're dreaming up an intense motor swap project and cant spend more 15k dollars, throw an M50 in and call it a day. If you're original post is any testiment to how you are in real life, you probably shouldnt be driving a car with all of that power.
                              Are you for real? my friend owns a 400RWHP E30... are you trying to say a stock E30 can't handle it? Because you'd be wrong.

And I know I'm bring up an old thread, but only because I'm searching for info on this swap...
                              E36 · VEMS · TUNING
                              Google Talk: NOTORIOUS VR

Comment

1st
                                Originally posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
                                I don't get why everyone is so worried about using an EMS on the S54...

It's just a motor people... it's not like they've reinvented the wheel.

And you don't need a $5000 stand alone to do it either.

2nd
                                Originally posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
                                Are you for real? my friend owns a 400RWHP E30... are you trying to say a stock E30 can't handle it? Because you'd be wrong.

And I know I'm bring up an old thread, but only because I'm searching for info on this swap...

Hey Mr. Two-Posts, do you know what your talking about, you'd better be able to provide links/pics of what you think gives you the ability to make these claims... Maybe you should read around a bit here first. S54 is gonna need standalone or a complete donor car, and, lots of wiring labor.
                                Last edited by Farbin Kaiber; 07-30-2008, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X