S38 / M-Tech II Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S38 / M-Tech II Swap

Bought this car about two years ago, had a blown timing belt, mashed valves.... but otherwise in great condition, with only 35K Miles..

J-Spec E30

Over the past two years, been looking for a S38.... and well, thanks to r3V's help, you guys found one a couple weeks back. Ironed out the details, and I picked it up yesterday....

Phil (previous owner) & Josh (Volvo driver).... we hooked up in a small town (Thunder Bay, ON), not quite halfway between us... about 650miles for them, and 500miles for me.

Route:

V70 Tow Vehicle:

Home

Money Shot:

Stack of receipts / maintenance:

One of which, is 11111316702.... Phil spent over 10K on this engine in the past year.

Hope to have it done soon!

BIG THANKS TO PHIL & JOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!
    Last edited by thectrlguy; 05-17-2009, 12:36 PM.

Nice to see some Canadian e30's following in Scandinavia's footsteps :)

Originally posted by Janderson
    you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

Awsome swap! You have to keep us updated on this. We need more pictures!

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

sub-fuckin'-scribed! I can't wait to see more of this build!

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
          sub-fuckin'-scribed! I can't wait to see more of this build!
          +mofukin1!

Comment

Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to it.... need to get the balance of the parts/hardware in.. will try to order all of it next week.

Edit: Phil & Josh pulled the exhaust off, when they pulled the driveshaft (so it could be towed). Gives me a semi listening to it with open headers.... is that bad?

Comment

subscribed post some good pics of the car looks great on trailer

Comment

definitely not the common 24v swap over here.

can't wait to see where you take this!
                IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Ballin! :pimp:

Lucky bastard! Wish I could afford an s38b38 for my car! :hitler:

Keep us posted on the surgery. And of course post some footage of the monster in action when she comes alive! :twisted:
                  Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

i absolutely love that motor
                    sigpic

I wear a suit, I do coke, and I ski...:D
                    That's why I drive a BMW

Comment

Holy grail of swaps. Can't wait to see this project going! You're 90% there! Good luck!

SINdelle:E36 M3 5-Lug | 17x8 & 17x9 BBS RS | S52/ZF | 2.93LSD/3.5HFM/24lb Injectors/C&S Chip[B]SOLD[B]

Comment

Nice man. My buddy works at Budd's BMW Oakville. Those guys there are A+ quality.
                        1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
                          Ballin! :pimp:

Lucky bastard! Wish I could afford an s38b38 for my car! :hitler:

Keep us posted on the surgery. And of course post some footage of the monster in action when she comes alive! :twisted:
                          That's a S38B36, no coil on plug ignition.

If all goes well I will have mine done for the 2010 E30 Picnic. Nice to see others looking at this swap again over the S50 equiv.

Also awesome on the OEM BMW block replacement. Mine had a brand new head put on it about 50K ago (only ~100k on the lower end). Awesome motors.

Comment

Originally posted by thectrlguy View Post
                            Edit: Phil & Josh pulled the exhaust off, when they pulled the driveshaft (so it could be towed). Gives me a semi listening to it with open headers.... is that bad?
                            Pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                              Pics?
                              LOL....

Should be a fun project.... if all goes well, it'll be done before summer is over..

Put the donor in storage for the moment..

Comment

Working...
                              X