No announcement yet.

Project Charlie-Zinno 85 325e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats the best yet cheapest sound deadening insulation i can buy?

1991 325i
    flickr
    @sambhaskins

Comment

For anyone interested on some updates on the car:

I am still waiting on the hub from ecs tuning :( but have done some stuff in the interim..which consist of:
      -Oil Change
      -Valve Adjustment
      -Antenna Delete
      -Bought a new valence/i lip from a user on here (will look for the username) for temporary cosmetics.
      -Welded broken parts of the recaros

Now onto the current issues..

So, one night, like the fucking idiot that I am I was working on the car and left the keys in the ignition...luckily no one decided to steal it or if they tried they were unable to because the battery was dead. I had a spare bosch battery from my e39 hanging around so I threw that on and started her up. However, the next day it was dead once again. I left it dead for a while because I haven't been driving it due to lack of hub and would jump it every few days just to keep everything "fresh" :???:

Now, I reinstalled the battery that came with it, let it charge for a while, and then i turned the car on and let it idle for about 30 minutes. That was two days ago. And today, I went to turn the car on and the battery was flat. Flat meaning no cluster lights or anything. Jumped it once again for the sake of turning it on but I'm really puzzled with this one..I had battery drain on my e39 and that was a disaster and this is the last thing I want right now.

So, if any of you could kindly point me in any direction for common electrical malfunctions that would cause this so I can trouble shoot it.. please let me know.

1991 325i
      flickr
      @sambhaskins

Comment

Project Charlie-Zinno 85 325e

Originally posted by smhskns View Post

-Antenna Delete

-Bought a new valence/i lip from a user on here (will look for the username) for temporary cosmetics.

Now you have a hole in your car.

I thought it was an eS air dam?

Also, didn't you say/tell me you were messing with the stereo? Or something like that? You might want to go back and check your wiring on that. Did it have it when you first bought the car? Or was it an after the fact thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by HennaE30; 07-21-2014, 08:19 PM.
        Originally posted by flyboyx
        how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
        Originally posted by Northern
        beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
        Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
        Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
        '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
        Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

trying to replace valence but this is preventing me from taking bumper off lol can someone help me figure this one out

1991 325i
          flickr
          @sambhaskins

Comment

trying to replace valence but this is preventing me from taking bumper off lol can someone help me figure this one out

Do u have a dremel?

how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?

Comment

no i don't. i read somewhere that it is possible to just remove the bumper shocks from the car with the bumper still attached so i am trying to figure out how to do that.

i also realized why the PO drilled into the bumper to do the tuck...he couldn't get the bumper off lol looks like this will have to wait until I do my euro swap and can just figure out a way to get it off (with force) lol

also, today i bought a new fan clutch, windshield washer pump, and oil pressure switch in hoping that will turn my oil pres. light off...

i just got a job so i should be able to get the ball rolling on finally doing all of the maintenance this car needs and then i can focus on cosmetics

1991 325i
              flickr
              @sambhaskins

Comment

Yank the bumpers out, this will show you what needs to be removed. I have no idea what Im looking at in the pics. Also if you can pull the trim that goes over the bumper, that also helps. IIRC its like 8 bolts or something
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

quick update:

with new job and everything it's been hard to work on the car. i ACTUALLY plan on taking it in to get the hub/bearing done sometime this week and clutch in the next two weeks.

bc i am sad and can't work on the car i did this on my lunch break

1991 325i
                  flickr
                  @sambhaskins

Comment

Is that what the fog lights would hang from (I think I'm looking at the bottom of the front bumper)? I'm not sure since my car has the IS valance. I took off my front bumper (untucked ) by removing the 4 bolts that hold the shocks onto the car (2 each, IIRC). Removing the rubber surrounds helped quite a bit, I think I took those off first.

Also, as a tip for getting it back on, put the shocks onto the car first, then bolt the bumper to them. Took me hours trying to put the shocks and bumper back on at the same time, the night before the E30 Picnic
                    Last edited by NMusolino; 08-02-2014, 07:30 PM.
                    sigpic
                    12/86 Zinno 325is

Comment

yeah its where the fogs hang from..

i thought about removing the shocks from the car but couldnt find to where they attach lol could you possibly post up some pics of where the shocks bolt to the car?

1991 325i
                      flickr
                      @sambhaskins

Comment

They bolt into those spots above the tow hooks (picture lifted from bing)
                        sigpic
                        12/86 Zinno 325is

Comment

If you are still looking for inexpensive sound proofing material I have used Peel and Seal from Lowes its a roofing product $17 fr a 6" x25' roll. Many friends have used this before under carpet and interior panels with good success. Jeff
                          Imported from Detroit

Comment

sent the car off the the mechanic for the hub/bearing...they charged me $500 because they needed to go to a machine shop to press the bearing since they dont have a press...fyi, don't ever go to funk bros in LA

1991 325i
                            flickr
                            @sambhaskins

Comment

sent the car off the the mechanic for the hub/bearing...they charged me $500 because they needed to go to a machine shop to press the bearing since they dont have a press...fyi, don't ever go to funk bros in LA

I woulda told them to go f themselves and taken the car somewhere else.

Comment

Another update:

Dropped the car off at offset motorwerks for a clutch, pressure plate, t/o, flywheel resurface, guibo and csb

Might also go with a valve adjustment, t belt kit install, and new plugs

1991 325i
                                flickr
                                @sambhaskins

Comment

Working...
                                X