Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shirley the zinnoberrot bucket

This is Shirley, my daily bucket

This is the car that has left me stranded, locked out and pissed, but I still love it.
    Its a 1989 325i Auto.
    I've fixed some rust in it

Fixed my lower valance, painted it, and added some Hella Driving lights 500FF

Took pictures with my buddy's Volvo

And my car is now in the works on replacing the upper gaskets, removing the ac which never worked, trying to find a leak in the wiper/blower area, waiting for parts to arrive from Blunt Tech and Pelican parts, and replacing the front cranshaft seal.
    89' 325i DD/project
    86 325e rust bucket/future race car

"Just because you go fast in a straight line doesn't mean you go fast in corners"

Plans and upgrades to come:
    -5 Speed Swap
    -Fix rust issues
    -lowering springs (H&R or Eibach)
    -3.23S or 3.73S differential
    -New shocks (Bilsteins, KYB, or Koni)
    -Black Sedan carpets
    -Black Sport Seats
    -Condor Speedshop Bushings
    -Other rims (15-16 inches)
    -New headers and exhaust
    -IS lip
    -13 button obc
    -And more to come...
    89' 325i DD/project

"Just because you go fast in a straight line doesn't mean you go fast in corners"

Comment

Well I just got called from the machine shop, and I have a bent exhaust valve, so yay me!

Now to look for a replacement or buy a new one.

Also I saw this as I went to the machine shop:

A Buick GN
      89' 325i DD/project

Comment

And I keep finding out stuff about my engine, the breather tube had silicone and both o rings were not there, thus oil leak on the driver side, Ordered the o-rings from pelican and should arrive on saturday.

Found my water leak coming into my floors, the gasket for my blower motor is kind of dead, so I'm going to replace it and put some sealer/silicone in it when I put it back together.

Also I'm scraping the firewall off so it looks cleaner, most of it is already gone and left the glue or just crumbly.
        89' 325i DD/project

Comment

So everything got replaced today in the blower motor and I fixed the leak, now to wait for the valve and o-rings to arrive, cylinder head gasket set arrived today and so did the AFM intake boot
          89' 325i DD/project

Comment

Originally posted by RustyEuro View Post
            And I keep finding out stuff about my engine, the breather tube had silicone and both o rings were not there, thus oil leak on the driver side, Ordered the o-rings from pelican and should arrive on saturday.

Found my water leak coming into my floors, the gasket for my blower motor is kind of dead, so I'm going to replace it and put some sealer/silicone in it when I put it back together.

Also I'm scraping the firewall off so it looks cleaner, most of it is already gone and left the glue or just crumbly.
            Make sure you get the spring and washer for the tube. nice car.
            sigpic
            Reich und Roll!

Comment

Originally posted by cabriodster87 View Post
              Make sure you get the spring and washer for the tube. nice car.
              Yeah I did that, hopefully they'll arrive tomorrow or on Monday in the mail

And thanks
              89' 325i DD/project

Comment

Well there is no work to be done today because of the Tropical storm, rain, lighting thunder and no place to work the car in.

But I went out early in the morning and saw this beauty:

1987 325i running Azev wheels
                89' 325i DD/project

Comment

Well after a lot of hard work and getting pissed off many times the car runs and runs smoothly.

This was one of the hardest jobs to do, put everything back together:

I also installed an M5 Spoiler

Painted with HVT the valve cover, timing belt cover and Intake manifold (intake manifold and valvecover only had primer:

And I'll try to grab a video of it running and driving
                  89' 325i DD/project

Comment

Well Its been a bit since I updated this thread.

Well I've been considering painting my bottlecaps almond and fixing the curb rash.

I'm also in the plans of aquiring another Zinnoberrot 325i but with a manual transmission, and If I do acquire it I'd be transferring all my engine and certain chassis parts over.

And I went to a e30 meet 2 weeks ago.

I'll be uploading some pictures for everyone's enjoyment
                    89' 325i DD/project

Comment

So I haven't updated in a while; mostly because of college, the car having electrical problems, no brakes and manual transmission swap plus goodies on the side.

and before all that crap happened I took some pictures:

Hopefully by christmas break I'll update a bunch more
                      89' 325i DD/project

Comment

Nice hella lights

Comment

Originally posted by E30NJ View Post
                          Nice hella lights
                          Thanks!
                          89' 325i DD/project

Comment

Nice one from PR. Keep chipping away at it. As for a wheel refresh, It takes time, and allow for a good amount of time for the paint to cure. I was able to sand out most of the rash on all my wheels. Did a red primer to darken the silver on my car. Subtle but nice change.

Comment

looking good! i like where this is going. keep up the good work

Comment

Working...
                              X