Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hogstad's E30 325i Turbo 4-door

Hello there!

New member from Norway here! Thought I'd finally register here and make a project-thread.. :)

A little info about the car itself;

It is a 09/87 4-door E30 320ia (facelift), but was fitted with a manual transmission before I got it. When I got it, it was in pretty rough shape. Cheap aftermarket lights, styling etc, and full of rust..

Over the last year it's gotten 2 new front fenders, M-tech2 frontbumper / Rear bumper (fiberglass replica), couple of new doors, A LOT of rust have been removed from the floor, 2 new rear fenders, new bootlid, sunroof and hood, original Hella facelift headlamps and original taillights, M-tech1 steering wheel, black leather interior.

It is more or less ready for paint now, wich will be done when I'm done with the engine swap.

So.. the engine!
    • M20B25 Facelift
    • Megasquirt V2
    • "China" turbomanifold
    • Unkown Turbo (most likely from a Cosworth or similar)
    • S38B38 Injectors
    • Upgraded clutch
    • Getrag 260 gearbox
    • Oil filter relocation kit, with oil-cooler
    • Stock internals + Thicker headgasket

I have unfortunately not so many pictures that I'd like, but I have some.. Here are some up till today ;

There's where I am right now. The stock m20b20 was taken out earlier today, and the b25 turbo goes in hopefully tomorrow :)

Stay tuned!

There is one thing I look at when I see when I see new turbo builds, location.

You crazy bastards, this outa be good.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
      There is one thing I look at when I see when I see new turbo builds, location.

You crazy bastards, this outa be good.
      :)

Keep in mind, this is a budget build.. So it wont be as badass as many other Norwegian E30's on here :) Plus it is kinda expensive to bo both the car and engine at the same time.. So the engine setup remains what it is for now, and maybe next year, when the car itself is done, I'll do a S50 swap .. Time will show :)

Comment

Time for another update!

Got some work done today.. Washed and painted the engine bay and transmission, and got the turboengine put in to place (almost) .. Here are some pics of todays work ;

And here, finally in the enginebay!

Tomorrow I will be hooking up the engine and final assembly, and a friend of mine, a "megasquirt-guy", comes over to do the last of the electrical and see if we cant get it to start ;)

Comment

Looks good!
          What color will it be?
          #ShenanigansE30 1989 Touring AC Schnitzer S3 replica http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=320784
          Ruffian 1987 318is 2 door Hartge project http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=290863
          Natalma 1990 Touring AC Schnitzer S3
          #GlorianaE28 1986 525i
          #AnniePowerE34 525i 3.2 M50 with AC Schnitzer S5 parts
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffian Racing View Post
            Looks good!
            What color will it be?
            It will be the original color, Diamantschwarz metallic. :)

I long considered to have a colorchange, but I couldnt find another color I REALLY wanted, so I landed on the factory color :)

Comment

Originally posted by Hogstad View Post
              It will be the original color, Diamantschwarz metallic. :)
              Great choice! One of the best colors anyway.... ;)

SOLD: My feature http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/04/a...ss-bmw-e30-m3/

Comment

Time for another update! ..

I'm really closing in to get it fired up now!

Oilcooler/filter with hoses in place:

Welded up a downpipe, and fitted my Innovate LC-2 :)

Oil-cooler hoses run a bit close to the exhaust manifold, so I wrapped them up a bit, with a hope of at least shielding them against the worst heat..

Changed sparkplugs as well... Did a bit of googling, and BPR7ES seemed like the "safest" choice for now, as other people run them on m20 turbos without problems ..

M50 TPS mounted

Removed the waterheating of the inlet, and oilbreathertube..Jammed a bolt down there, real tight.. Dont think it will go anywhere, but make a quick plate to hold it down, just in case.

And last, how it looks now.. Also got all the waterhoses, fuel-lines etc hooked up..

Thats it for tonight! ;)

Comment

Working...
                X