Project: Ratshit, 86 325es

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project: Ratshit, 86 325es

** not proof reading this, most likely my grammar and spelling will be f*cked**

so here we go. I really enjoy bringing cars back from the point where most would send to the scrap yard. I was at work when a fellow R3Ver came in to buy some parts, when i asked him about his e30 projects he mentioned he just picked up and decided he wasn't gonna do anything with.
    long story short i bought it.

the car had sat for a really long time and collected enough rat shit and piss to start the black plague again, and being in a wooded area the mold was very present which was why the first thing we did when we got it home was strip the entire interior and threw it all in the trash.

we also cleaned the bay and the engine a bit

the plan with this car is to take my e21 off the road for the winter, but once tax season has come my buddy want to buy it off me, so a lot of styling is what he wants, im just building it and getting it back to a daily.
    with that being said he likes the tan interior more than black so i started my hunt for interior
    Last edited by FireFight; 11-05-2014, 12:42 PM.
    WTB:m60b40 in PNW
    Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
    92 525it 5 speed.
    80 244gl (m60 prepping).

i found tan carpet at the local yard, along with a couple random small pieces that i needed for $15.
    the down side it was covered in glass and what i can only imagine being body fluids of some sort.

i took this down to the car wash and along with the trunk carpet that was very covered in rat shit.

I sent about 7 dollars when all said and done and got everything a lot cleaner

(the lines are from the hose going different directions and will come out when dry)

no more poop.

now this stuff is drying,
    i also bought a big box of new parts.... more on Saturday
    Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
    92 525it 5 speed.
    80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

i like what youre doing, saving a car from the scrap yard. I hate when people buy cars and just have them sitting there collecting rust and fading away. shit pisses me off.
      bottom line, I hope you restore it back to a reliable car.
      Originally posted by dvck
      I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

thanks this is my 5th e30 i have gotten in really rough condition, only one did i decided not to go through with and sold it for a loss. but i enjoy the challenge of it. the last 318i i saved from getting crushed is now a good buddy of mine's daily driver
        Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
        92 525it 5 speed.
        80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

Thats awesome man, you should wear a cape because youre a hero to E30's
          Originally posted by dvck
          I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
            Thats awesome man, you should wear a cape because youre a hero to E30's
            This. Again thanks always had a soft spot in my hear for es's I want one myself
            Bmw CCA # 490080

1995 525iA RIP
            1987 325e Cirrusblau-Metallic/Pacific Blue (Daily)

DSC_1725 by Matthew Johnson, on Flickr

Comment

Nice work. What kind of wheels do you plan to put on it?

Comment

Rad! I love saving shit from the crusher. This car has oodles of potential too, by the looks of it.

Comment

Alright So little update,
                  We went though the motor and did a full time up and timing job. We check and it's getting 180psi per cylinder so it a pretty health motor.

Got her running really well on the old shitty gas. Enough to get it up to operating temo and let it sit for 20mins doing an engine flush . We also put in regular maintenance items that we where unsure about like thermostat and valve cover gasket as well as a valve adjustment. It still has a rocker tick but it's not as loud.

We also got around to buffing the paint a little

We didn't do. Full three step because we where unsure about the paint so we just did a light buff and wax
                  before

I will update on interior pics later today as well as I hope to actually drive it by the end of the night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
                  92 525it 5 speed.
                  80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

Nice start. Looking good... what's the suspension condition like? All getting replaced I assume?
                    "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                    -----------------------------------------
                    91 318is Turbo Sold
                    87 325 Daily driver Sold
                    06 4.8is X5
                    06 Mtec X3
                    05 4.4i X5 Sold
                    92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                    90 325i Sold
                    97 328is Sold
                    01 323ci Sold
                    92 325i Sold
                    83 528e Totaled
                    98 328i Sold
                    93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                      Nice start. Looking good... what's the suspension condition like? All getting replaced I assume?

Yeah it's pretty beat so it will all need a refresh.

Not to e30 owners when your csb starts a knocken, change it don't ignore it to the point it cuts through the housing, also

If it gets so bad to there the Quibo explodes and fucks every thing up..... Stop driving.

And when a small 5dollar bushing breaks , buy a new one don't make one

But none the less I drove the car for the first time and it hasn't be driven by anyone for about 2 years

I need new wheel bearing and more but today was a total win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
                      92 525it 5 speed.
                      80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

Nice work. LOL on the CSB. My vert is in the air in my garage right now with the exhaust and DS down to do mine. Was starting to knock pretty good with any torque applied... think I caught it just in time. I had been babying it to prolong the job, but let a buddy drive it and I think he just applied more accelerator lol. Became a must do job after he drove it.

Going to do output shaft seal and some exhaust stuff as well while I'm under it. You know how these things go.
                        "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                        -----------------------------------------
                        91 318is Turbo Sold
                        87 325 Daily driver Sold
                        06 4.8is X5
                        06 Mtec X3
                        05 4.4i X5 Sold
                        92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                        90 325i Sold
                        97 328is Sold
                        01 323ci Sold
                        92 325i Sold
                        83 528e Totaled