FS: 1987 325iC - 5 Speed - Euro Bumpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1987 325iC - 5 Speed - Euro Bumpers

Selling my 1987 BMW 325i e30 Convertible. I purchased this car from R3V member Julien after he completely restored the car inside and out. Julien is a wonderful member of the R3V community, he builds and treats his cars with impeccable attention to detail. A lot of my ad text is poached from his original for sale ad.

I searched for over a year (regretted selling my 1987 Alpine White Coupe) before finding this excellent example.

Basics:
    - '87 325i Convertible
    - 5-speed from the factory
    - 116,500 ish miles on a recently repaired odometer
    - Original Beverly Hills car with "Sunset" License plates
    - Most records since new. Very large binder included

Exterior:
    - European bumpers with the appropriate 86-87 style European front valence. The bumpers have been painted black and look great, valence is color matched. Fog light blanks are black but have more color matched paint if you'd like them silver. The early-early cars had black fog light blanks and Julien always liked the look. To finish the euro-conversion the car also has a set of oem euro grills and Bosch "Euro-Smileys" headlights.
    - All original paint, never in an accident. Paint shines up well but has light fading on the sides (see below side trim behind the doors on the pics). There are some dings, the largest being on the driver fender. which can be addressed by paint-less dent removal, I just haven't had the time.
    - Lastly the car received a brand new black Twillfast (same as new BMWs, not the cheap Stayfast stuff) convertible top with new tensioning straps. Rear window is crystal clear and the top fits perfectly. Rear convertible top lid struts replaced as well.

Interior:
    - Re-upholstered interior in cardinal red Italian leather (not vinyl!) and installed seat heaters (with factory harness and switches). It has the original crack-free dash with the very rare wood-grain trim and cassette holder.
    -Blaupunkt CD player which has AUX in for bluetooth/iphone integration. The factory amp was bypassed and everything works as it should including the antenna.

Mechanical:
    - A/C has been completely converted over to R134a using new o-rings, a new parallel flow condenser, r134a specific TXV, Drier, Pressure Switch , flushed lines and new pag oil. It was put on vacuum for 30+ minutes, sat over night to ensure no leaks and charged with r134a. It blows around 35 degree Fahrenheit from the vents.

- Engine has a new timing belt, water pump, acc belts, valve adjustment, oil change (Liquimoly), spark plugs and all new filters (air/oil/fuel).

- Clutch was replaced by the previous owner including all hydraulics.

- Driveline received a new center support bearing, guibo, transmission oil (Redline MTL) and transmission mounts

- Suspension was refreshed using Bilstein Sport shocks, H&R cabrio-specific lowering springs, Powerflex Poly e36 M3 offset control arm bushings. Ball joints were in serviceable shape as they had previously been addressed.

- Steering was upgraded with a 96+ E36 M3 steering rack that was completely resealed and installed with the adapter kit to provide considerably quicker steering (3.2 turns lock to lock). Car received a 4-wheel alignment afterwards.

- Brakes: All new textar pads and rotors along with new ATE TYP200 brake fluid.

- Wheels: 15x7 Style 10 "technocast" wheels with 205/50R15 Falken Azenis tires which are a few weeks old.

Since Julien's ownership, I have driven maybe a total of 500 miles. The car mainly resides in my garage in San Diego where I spread her legs on a nice sunday cruise once a week. I'm selling because I am not driving her as much as I would have thought, I have two other BMWs and a Prius(LOL) which tend to distract me.

Things I've done,
    - The odometer gears have been replaced and functions as intended
    - I have professionally removed all the imperfections/dings on the body panels
    - Recent oil change with Liquimoly (last week)

Here is the original build thread by Julien: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=422159
    Asking $8900 in San Diego

Attached Files
    Last edited by Pomkipo; 02-15-2019, 06:56 PM. Reason: text

Bump! New pics embedded (finally figured out how to do this lol)

Comment

Pending sale. Deposit received from buyer.

Comment

Did it sell?

Comment

I'm holding for the buyer till 2/12 as they are out of the country right now. Deposit has been received.

Comment

Working...
          X