Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS : 1990 325IX Sedan

For sale is my 1990 325IX.
    I am the 4th owner of the car since purchasing the car back in May of 2018.
    Car is located in Frederick, MD.

*ODO reads just below 300,000 Kilometers, but the car has its second engine in it and a used 5-speed (read below). I was told the engine and transmission had around 160,000 miles on it. So the body is around 300,000 kilometers.*

I really, really don't want to sell the car but I simply can't afford to keep putting money into it at this point in my life, especially with having to commute to DC every day now. (New Job)

The car is a Canadian (European) Import, so speedo, fuel gauge, etc. is all in Kilometers and Liters.

The car was also originally an automatic but was 5-speed swapped by the previous owner.

Bought the car for $6000 out of NJ, but with the work needed done to it I'm looking to get around $4000 for the car as it sits.

PROS :

- Car was repainted in its original (Diamondshwartz) color by the previous owner. It has some small bubbling on the hood and small chipping on the rear fenders.
    - The black leather interior is basically perfect, there is one small tear in the rear seats.
    - Heated seats work in both the front and rear with all switches functioning perfectly.
    - The car came fitted with an extended (reserve) gas tank in the trunk. It isn't the normal one that sits where the spare wheel usually does. It's a 15 L reserve tank directly behind the rear passenger seat. I personally have never used it but the previous owner stated that it functions normally but also included a bypass if you would like to remove it completely.
    - The car has new lower control arms, ball joints, and alternator.
    - windows and sunroof function like normal. rear passenger window most likely needs a new motor though, it needs some assistance to get back up.
    - New Thermostat
    - Original 4x100 16" BBS wheels (seem to be pretty rare? idk)
    - Tires are in good condition, front two were replaced in February 2019
    - Headlights, taillights, fog lights, etc. all function normally.
    - The car is on HR lowering springs. Nothing too crazy since you can't go very low with the IX's.
    - The dash has one extremely small crack on the passenger side, barely noticeable since its hidden in the dash indent.

CONS :

This is where the fun begins. Overall the car drives perfectly fine but it has some pretty serious issues that need to be addressed. The car would have to be trailered.

- The main issue to why Im selling is that the car started producing this ungodly whining sound and clunking noise from under the center console. Most likely the Driveshaft coupler went since the car showed no codes and the transmission still would shift into all the gears like normal.
    - The Secondary (AUX) fan is not functional, so when the car is running and not moving for a while it will overheat.
    - The harness is also pretty messed up, two of the relays in the main fusebox are not getting power. Most likely would have to replace the entire harness or rewire power to those relays.
    - Heat does not work, but could just be because of the wiring issues.
    - A/C compressor has been removed, had plans to turbo eventually, but a new compressor and all A/C lines will be included with the car.
    - The engine in the car is its second, along with the 5-speed transmission.
    - Needs a new valve cover gasket and head gasket, a decent oil leak from the exhaust side of the block. Never caused any major issues though it was more of an annoyance.
    - the emergency brake needs a complete refresh, I installed new inner pads but the back plate on the rear hubs (where the pins hold the pads flat against the hub) needs to be replaced.
    - car also needs new brakes in general
    - The front axles need either replaced or re-booted. IX front axles are NOT cheap. My plan was to just have them re-booted. But they're pretty rough, one of the main reasons why the car has been sitting for a while.
    - Speedometer works sometimes, and odometer isn't working either since the speedo isn't, but all other gauges function normally.
    - ABS was deleted by previous owner so the ABS light is always on.
    - Needs a new exhaust from cat-back. Exhaust is pretty rusted out and missing the muffler as well.

The car was registered as historic in Maryland. It would not pass inspection with the issues listed above so I decided to register it historic while I attempted to fix most of the issues.

I'm probably forgetting some things, so I will update the thread as I go through the paperwork I have. I've put close to $6000 into the car on top of the 6K I bought it for, just want to try to get what I can for it.

Again the last thing I want to do is sell the car, but life happens
    Just really want to see it go to a good home that will get the car back on the road.

If you have any questions, email me at nathangetzmedia@gmail.com
    Photos linked below.

Explore this photo album by Nathan Getz on Flickr!
    Last edited by nathan_g1; 05-12-2019, 02:12 PM.

The link to the pics is not working.
    How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Updated. Thanks!

Comment

Do you have a video of the jack test? You should replace all the tires at once. You can burn the transfer case up with different overall diameter wheels and tires. I would also post up pics of the bubbling paint and problem areas. Is there any rust?

Comment

The car looks very clean.

Comment

sold?

Comment

OP hasn't logged in since a few days after this post over a year ago, so if you see that just contact the OP directly.

Comment

Working...
              X