Help! with Koni strut install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! with Koni strut install

It doesn't seem like to old threaded collar from the stock struts (bilstein from "is" sport package) will fit on the konis. They're just a little too small to slide over top of the Konis. I'm pretty I have the right struts (51mm) for the sport suspension, since they fit in the tube just fine. What could be going on? What collar do I need to get these to work? Thanks!

They should have come with a new collar when you ordered them.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Nope, no collar from Koni. Are you sure it should have come with one? I know bilsteins do, but haven't heard about Koni. I read somewhere that 325i collars might work. Can anybody confirm this? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
        They should have come with a new collar when you ordered them.
        I ordered mine from Eurasian and they came with their own collars.

Comment

i ordered my koni's from tirerack and they did not come with the collar nut your referring to, and i ended up having the same problem as you. all you need to do is get the original collars from a dealer or some place that sells OE parts and it will fit

Comment

Thanks. It looks like the "M-technik" bilstein suspension actually has a smaller diameter strut tube than the 51mm "sport" boge struts and requires a special collar. So it sounds like if I just get the standard 51mm collar it will fit.

Comment

If you remove the paint from the top of the Koni's, the bilstein sport collars will fit. Just an FYI. Once the collars go on, you can repaint them to seal out water, etc.
              Driving is the only way to go faster....

Comment

Bilstiens always have funky collar nuts. You just need to get your hands on some standard stock ones and it'll be fine.
                Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

Working...
                X