Torn between suspension! Eibach or H&R?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jordan
    Prokit will sag like a whore and look horrid.

All you people that rag on the cup kit, shut the fuck up. I mean seriously. Have you heard of aftermarket sways? you can completely dial out body roll.

Even with the roll it has, my god its perfectly fine!
    Seriously.

If you want almost NO body roll from just springs and shocks, go buy some J-stock springs and shocks from TMS. That'll do her.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

what about the sachs kit for a cab? I only know about it, but have no clue what it really is. anyone here running that?
      90 325is
      IE stage 3s and refeshed m20....

Comment

The H&R Sports/Bilstein Sports will do just fine.

I plan on doing a multitude of other suspension mods, so I'm not worried about roll really.

Comment

My prokit has not sagged one bit..

Sold it.

Comment

my car has serious bodyroll right now with the stock suspension. anyone know how many miles shocks usually get blown at?
            90 325is

Comment

yeah, I love mine. Since I actually have to drive my car on a daily basis, the good ride is a blessing, not to mention the fact the body rolls looks worse in pictures than it feels on the road.
              BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                yeah, I love mine. Since I actually have to drive my car on a daily basis, the good ride is a blessing, not to mention the fact the body rolls looks worse in pictures than it feels on the road.
                Rob, you have the CupKit?

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385
                  I'd say Cup Kit's roll would own you.

Better to go with Sports, or other springs.
                  There was still tons of body roll with H&R Sports when I had them. With my current GC setup, my car feels real flat but still has roll. See sig pic.

Comment

Fixing Roll with swaybars is not really a good thing if you are going for performance. As you turn, the inside wheel will want to come up with thick sways. Just run stiff springs and a medium swaybar.

Anyways Stereo Installer, that will work. I believe you could even order just the rear adj. perches and 2 springs, giving you the rear adjustability you desire.

NASA MidSouth TT Director / GTS2 #018
                    Mods: Coastal PS Fluid, 10w40 Oil
                    Future Mods: Bosch Micro-Edge Wiper Blades, Painter's Tape, Spark Plugs, Freezer for Nutty Buddys, Adam Nitti CD's

Comment

Originally posted by Bill 84 318i
                      There was still tons of body roll with H&R Sports when I had them. With my current GC setup, my car feels real flat but still has roll. See sig pic.
                      Yeah, I can't afford GC's tho.

Comment

then get IE stage 3 springs, turner J stocks, or H&R races :-)

NASA MidSouth TT Director / GTS2 #018
                        Mods: Coastal PS Fluid, 10w40 Oil
                        Future Mods: Bosch Micro-Edge Wiper Blades, Painter's Tape, Spark Plugs, Freezer for Nutty Buddys, Adam Nitti CD's

Comment

Originally posted by Skafrog
                          then get IE stage 3 springs, turner J stocks, or H&R races :-)
                          What's the ride like on those 3?

Comment

guys, everyones talking about every setup except sachs....Anyone have any info on that?
                            90 325is

Comment

Originally posted by 318driver
                              guys, everyones talking about every setup except sachs....Anyone have any info on that?
                              Because in this thread, I'm not asking about Sachs. I'm asking about H&R.

Comment

IE Stage 3 and H&R Race are the same thing.

J-stocks are stiff (and progressive). Small stuff isn't too bad, but when you hit a big bump, you know it. I had no problem using them on the street, but I can take a pretty stiff ride without getting too annoyed, back then anyway. I ran them with OTS Bilstein Sports, FWIW.

Comment

Working...
                                X