No announcement yet.

Torn between suspension! Eibach or H&R?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to know more about the IE Stage 3 springs. Specifically, their rates and how do they compare to H&R Sports. Also, are the IE Stage 3 springs progressive or linear?

I've been running H&R Sports for a while now (no issues either), but I wouldn't mind trying something else out. I want a pretty taunt set up since high performance driving schools are on the agenda. I can live with some harshness for daily driving.

Jon
    Rides...
    1991 325i - sold :(
    2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Originally posted by Bill 84 318i
      IE Stage 3 and H&R Race are the same thing.
      Are the IE Stage 3's too stiff for daily driving, do you think? I won't mind some harshness, but I don't want my fillings rattled out.

What's the drop on them? Who here has them?

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed88
        Originally posted by 318driver
        guys, everyones talking about every setup except sachs....Anyone have any info on that?
        Because in this thread, I'm not asking about Sachs. I'm asking about H&R.
        well every damn suspenision setups seem to have already been mentioned already dont you think? Why not compare another one?
        90 325is
        IE stage 3s and refeshed m20....

Comment

guys, everyones talking about every setup except sachs....Anyone have any info on that?
          Because in this thread, I'm not asking about Sachs. I'm asking about H&R.
          well every damn suspenision setups seem to have already been mentioned already dont you think? Why not compare another one?
          Mainly because I don't know of anyone who has Sachs on their car. And that usually means one of two things. One, they are crap, and two, they are too expensive.

I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just trying to keep within the companies that I know of well have done a little research on.

Comment

What's the drop on them?
            IE says their Stage 3 springs offer a 2.0" drop in front and 1.5" in back....very similar to the drop the H&R Cup Kit. They don't mention anything about the rate or if they are progressive or linear.

In regards to the H&R specs, according to the Turner Motorsport website....

H&R Race springs offer a 1.6" drop in front and a 1.5" drop in back (progressive, no rates mentioned)

H&R Sports offer two choices: 1.5" or 1.25" drop in front and 1.25" drop in back (progressive, no rates mentioned)

The TMS J-Stock springs offer a 1.5" drop in front and a 1.25" drop in back however, you can select a rate to suit your needs (from 200 lb./in. to 900 lb./in.) and they're progressive which is a little bit friendlier for street applications. Turner advises using their modified B-Sport shocks with these springs. This would be a good set up to go with if you wanted to dial out body roll through stiffer springs instead of roll bars. But the compromise will be sacraficing some ride quality.

Jon
            Rides...

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Treehouse has an e30 with H&R Races and Bilstein Sports. Personally, I think the ride is great. Stiff, but not too stiff, exactly what you are talking about. It wont knock your fillings out, but it is not supple either. I think this will be the setup you will want to go with. Once you upgrade the rest of your suspension (bushings), it should end up well balanced, and a very "sporty" ride without being too harsh.

NASA MidSouth TT Director / GTS2 #018
              Mods: Coastal PS Fluid, 10w40 Oil
              Future Mods: Bosch Micro-Edge Wiper Blades, Painter's Tape, Spark Plugs, Freezer for Nutty Buddys, Adam Nitti CD's

Comment

Originally posted by Skafrog
                Treehouse has an e30 with H&R Races and Bilstein Sports. Personally, I think the ride is great. Stiff, but not too stiff, exactly what you are talking about. It wont knock your fillings out, but it is not supple either. I think this will be the setup you will want to go with. Once you upgrade the rest of your suspension (bushings), it should end up well balanced, and a very "sporty" ride without being too harsh.
                I don't think I can afford the H&R Races. They are double the cost of the Sports.

Now I just need to decide if I want the H&R Sports of the IE Stage 3's.

Comment

Well if you want H&R Race, as previously mentioned, IE Stage3 are copies of them, just cost less.

J-stocks are verystiff, but they aren't TOO low, so they might be good for you if you want something really stiff don't want to bust a lot on sway bars.

I would go with the IE's if I were you. H&R Sports leave way too much fender gap in the front.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

On my car the first thing im buying is B sports all around after that ill probably get a mild drop with H&R.

H&R probably wont come for awhile after but i hate such floaty E30's i took a 325i on a test run which i ended up not buying because it had to many problems but anyrate i took a corner and i shit you not i thought it was going to flip over.

Im use to a bit of stiffness as i ran Bilstein Heavy Duty on my old car which is a step down from Sports.

Comment

Sports and HD's have the same valving, but Sports are shortened for use with lowering springs. Sports don't work well with stock springs.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Ok, I'm for sure now.

IE Stage 3 springs with Bilstein Sport shocks.

Comment

Ok, I'm for sure now.

Sounds good. Once you buy these and get them installed, some pics would be cool.

Jon

P.S. When ordering the springs, see what kind of info you can get about them (i.e. rates).
                          Rides...

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Ok, I'm for sure now.

there is a group buy on those right now too.

Originally Posted by Rob
                            fucking hell, your car is cleaner in the damn snow than mine ever has been in perfect weather. sedans own me.

Comment

Do they make IE Stage 3 for the 318is? I was reading somewhere, where they didn't... if not, I guess H&R is what I'm going to go with.
                              The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

Don't think the IE's work with the 318, but I'm not positive so dont take my word for it.

Originally Posted by Rob
                                fucking hell, your car is cleaner in the damn snow than mine ever has been in perfect weather. sedans own me.

Comment

Working...
                                X