No announcement yet.

Torn between suspension! Eibach or H&R?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They would work on a 318is, just not lower it as much as a 325i.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Skafrog
      318 Driver, We installed the Eibach Kit on a 1992 Cabrio, and it honestly did nothing. I could not tell a difference, and was very soft compared to H&R Sports.
      Strange, perhaps you didn't install the cabriolet specific springs then.........my cab dropped very nicely on the Eibach Pro Kit, and very noticeable.

Eurospeed.......I really don't understand all the negativity from some folks on the Eibach Pro Kit. Mine have seen some track time with the Sachs Performance dampers and I have no complaints whatsoever. Car handle very neutral, and the suspesion doesn't feel "soft"......instead I would say they still feel tolerable on streets and track very well. It is a nice tradeoff.

Perhaps it's the dampers I'm using, and unfortunately Sachs Race Engineering are no longer making the dampers for the E30.

Comment

naw, it was the cabrio specific, I asked the owner the same question. Perhaps it is lower now, as I only saw the car 30 minutes after it was dropped. According to what Jordan says, they dramatically lower after time.

NASA MidSouth TT Director / GTS2 #018
        Mods: Coastal PS Fluid, 10w40 Oil
        Future Mods: Bosch Micro-Edge Wiper Blades, Painter's Tape, Spark Plugs, Freezer for Nutty Buddys, Adam Nitti CD's

Comment

for the record, jstocks are low as shit, lodofmpower has them here locally, and he's basically tucking all around
          BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Jon325i
            What's the drop on them?
            IE says their Stage 3 springs offer a 2.0" drop in front and 1.5" in back....very similar to the drop the H&R Cup Kit. They don't mention anything about the rate or if they are progressive or linear.

In regards to the H&R specs, according to the Turner Motorsport website....

H&R Race springs offer a 1.6" drop in front and a 1.5" drop in back (progressive, no rates mentioned)
            Jon
            Just to clarify. IE Stage 3's offer a 2.0 drop front and 1.5 rear on a Stock E30.

The H&R Race specs on turner's site are the drops on an E30 M3, that's why they say only 1.6 and 1.5 .

IE Stg. III's and H&R race are IDENTICAL.

Last point. I put my e30 on IE's next to an '89 is with a cup kit. His car is very noticeably lower. I even did this before I had oversized tires and his car was still lower.

332iS R.I.P.

Comment

B&G Springs or Racing Dynamic Springs

i have a daily driver 318i, i have decent roads around me, nothing too bad. im gonna be running stock shocks for now. im not an autocrosser, i just want to lower the car for appearance. i can deal with a harsher ride. i want to slightly tuck the tires and want a somewhat even drop (stock bottlecaps and stock-ish tires btw)

both are under $200, so what do you guys suggest? or maybe even another set to do the job.

I want the car to look like these (or close)

or

thank you
              www.ThundaCats.com

Comment

Do neither. Save until you can get shocks too, because lowering a car on stock shocks is just lame.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                  Do neither. Save until you can get shocks too, because lowering a car on stock shocks is just lame.
                  :stupid:

Comment

Working...
                  X