M3 sway bar strut tab on non-m E30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M3 sway bar strut tab on non-m E30?

I have a set of RD sway bars that I'm going to be installing with my GC's and koni's. I was wondering if any one here has welded a tab on the strut and used the M3 sway bar end links? Can you weld on the strut tube? Any thoughts or should I just go with the stock mounting point on the C.A.

89 325i

Kyle

It can be done, sure, but i'd only recommend it if the sway bars you're going to use are for an M3
    BEERTECH

Comment

I did this, Ground control sell ths tabs for $12 each I payed a shop $25 to weld the tabs on, you have to pull the strut housings off the car, and remove the inserts.
      What size is the RD sway? I'd stick to the stock mount as I'm running a cabrio 21mm bar with the m3 links and it's too much. I think it would be perfect with around a 19mm Front bar. I've just been to lazy to swap it out.
      85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Front sway bar is 22 mm with 3 adjustment points. Rear sway bar is 19 mm with 2 adjustment points.

Comment

with a 22mm bar I'd stick to the stock link as the m3 end links adds 4mm efectively to the sway bar diameter, which is why the m3 used a 19mm front sway.
          85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Working...
          X