changing steering rack ratio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing steering rack ratio

are there places that do this? similar to building a diff, but more simple I suppose..
    I'd like to bring mine down to Z3 spec but still use the e30 housing, just for peace of mind. But if it can't be done, I don't have anything against making an e36 part fit

buy a rebuilt M3 rack for $350 and get almost all the beni's of the M3 front end.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

You could try this mate

I know its right hand drive but might give you some ideas.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3
        buy a rebuilt M3 rack for $350 and get almost all the beni's of the M3 front end.
        where can you get a rebuilt M3 rack for 350? the lowest I found when searching was from Meridian at $425 for a 95 m3 rack; plus they wanted $145 for the e36 high pressure hose. imo you cant beat zionsville's deal for the custom coupler, e36 hose, and (used) e36/z3 rack for $550. you can also opt to get the beefier e36 tie rods through zionsville.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM20
          Originally posted by M-technik-3
          where can you get a rebuilt M3 rack for 350? the lowest I found when searching was from Meridian at $425 for a 95 m3 rack; plus they wanted $145 for the e36 high pressure hose. imo you cant beat zionsville's deal for the custom coupler, e36 hose, and (used) e36/z3 rack for $550. you can also opt to get the beefier e36 tie rods through zionsville.
          I'll find the link tonight it was a place in Michigan. All they do is steering racks, rebuilding.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

How about one of those steering "quickeners"? I remember reading about the Drift GTO in C&D and they mentioned it.
            Something like this:

I don't, just an idea. I'm sure it would take a good amount of fabrication work.
            '91 318is
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X