engine cuts out at 4500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine cuts out at 4500

i got 1 2 1 5 on the stomp test- something to do with afm /maf...no vacuum leaks and i know my throttle cable isn't the greatest, but it shouldn't make it cout out....hope this helps

Coincidentally, I'm getting the same thing. I've read the 1215 code indicates that the AFM wiring harness is at fault. A spare AFM and ECU didn't help mine either. The vacuum lines are good too. Is there a way to troubleshoot the wiring?

Comment

i have no clue..i just want mine fixed lol. i need to check the cam and crank sensor here soon. someone else said thay they replaced like, icv all sorts of sensors, and it was fixed. once i get mine squared away, hopefully soon, i'll keep you posted

Comment

Originally posted by blysccr View Post
        i have no clue..i just want mine fixed lol. i need to check the cam and crank sensor here soon. someone else said thay they replaced like, icv all sorts of sensors, and it was fixed. once i get mine squared away, hopefully soon, i'll keep you posted
        you're in chambersburg? Bring it by my place sometime and I'll take a look at it.
        Old and improved:

Comment

i was told to check where the car idled. if it was at 500 ish, it's the coding plug and it was right on at 500. so my next question, how to install new coding plug?

Comment

Working...
          X