Another m30e30 & a new project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't wait for you to finish it.
    i'm bet the m30 actually revs out with itbs.

Comment

I'm really curious about the EWP setup and how you're routing the hoses. Got any details?

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
        Can't wait for you to finish it.
        i'm bet the m30 actually revs out with itbs.
        Hopefully it makes some glorious noise while doing so, & hopefully none of those noises are it exploding

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
        I'm really curious about the EWP setup and how you're routing the hoses. Got any details?
        The plan is to run the pump inline on the lower hose, in essence the top rad hose will run to the rad, the expansion outlet will run as standard, & on the lower side the hose will run rad to pump then from there a hose to the block(feeding where the oem water pump was)

This is from the Davis Craig site https://youtu.be/iIphvN03dOo

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony B View Post
          Definitely could go a small booster & short trumpet, but then there is the runner/trumpet length to take into account for torque curves, I’m really impressed with the space I’ve got. I haven’t seen Rama post about the m30 itb box but if he does I’ll give it a try. If not I’ll be running them with socks to start(and making an airbox down the track)
          It's coming along nicely.

What runner length are you going to be able to achieve with booster in place ?
          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post

Thanks mate slowly but surely it’s getting there

I’ll grab some measurements of the space/trumpets this weekend(I’ve got longer runners I can try on it too). Going to dummy up the coil pack bracket & check hood clearances, I also need to get my seating sorted cause the milk crates days are limited

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony B View Post

The plan is to run the pump inline on the lower hose, in essence the top rad hose will run to the rad, the expansion outlet will run as standard, & on the lower side the hose will run rad to pump then from there a hose to the block(feeding where the oem water pump was)

This is from the Davis Craig site https://youtu.be/iIphvN03dOo
              Wow, that is shockingly simple. I doubt I could fit the EWP anywhere along my lower rad hose due to the AC compressor, but I'm sure as hell going to have a look and take some measurements.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                Wow, that is shockingly simple. I doubt I could fit the EWP anywhere along my lower rad hose due to the AC compressor, but I'm sure as hell going to have a look and take some measurements.
                I’m happy it’s a relatively simple setup, it’s rare moment in build cars things are simple

Originally posted by digger View Post

Looks like 15cm to the throttle is achievable, but would need an airbox to narrow down a fair bit, I’ve got two sets of mid runners to tryout

Untitled by Ant Bolic, on Flickr

Comment

Had a tinker on Monday night, got the oil filter housing mounted back up I’m thinking I’ll need to re-do the line from the block to the filter & give it a little more flex, I measured out fuel lines & worked out what angle fittings I’ll need picking up fittings this coming monday. Today ordered some of the final fuel system bits went a turbosmart fpr800 & the associated fittings 1/8th to -6, & gauge for the bay. Next week I’ve got some holidays, plans are finish the fuel side, setup the vacuum block, make a front splitter & quick release mounts for the front valance.

Comment

Made some progress last week had a nice week off work,

Plumbed fuel feed side

Had some braided lines made up for the flipped booster I gave up on the hardlines for the setup, picking up the last line this coming weekend.

Purchased some fixed back seat with a pair of Sparco sprints that should be fitted this weekend also, awaiting usps delivering a pair of Garagistic floor mounts.

Also the engine loom is with Rama from RHDengineering to adapt in the fittings for the ECUmaster classic that I’ll be running.

Jobs to finish up/get done:
                    Plumb the ewp in
                    Setup 2.5lt surge tank
                    Custom headers & exhaust
                    Wire up the ECU & Tune
                    Finish my front splitter
                    Order my bolt in 1/2 cage

I have till early October to get this done so hopefully the updates are more frequent

Comment

Got the seats installed on the weekend, also fished the booster flip(got braided lines made to suit)

Slight trim of the hood leaver needed, need to bleed the brakes & adjust the bias bar(rhd issues)

& purchased some headers to use as a basis, these are to suit an e28 so the big loop was to avoid the steering box, these will get the chop soon & modified to fit

Comment

Got the clucth slave sorted after it came out of the box in 2 parts(my fault when I had the motor out)

anyway like a beautiful moth this will soon emerge from the shed, well my dads shed & he can finally put his boat back in there.

Jobs that are on the bigger side left
                        ECU & wiring
                        Exhaust
                        plumbing the ewp

Comment

Looking great Anthony! Will be really interested to see how much modification you need to do to the e28 headers - I've been eyeing those off for a while (as they're very reasonably priced) but wasn't brave enough to pull the trigger on them in case there was no way to make them fit!
                          My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
                            Looking great Anthony! Will be really interested to see how much modification you need to do to the e28 headers - I've been eyeing those off for a while (as they're very reasonably priced) but wasn't brave enough to pull the trigger on them in case there was no way to make them fit!
                            Will see how they work soon, the wiring loom is buttoned up now just need to pick it up off Rama & book the car into my mates workshop so we can knock the exhaust out, want to have everything buttoned up prior so we can in theory put it on his dyno

But the loom looks brilliant Untitled by Ant Bolic, on Flickr

Comment

What do you anticipate it making? Are you doing Alpha-N or a blended setup? I love every update on this thing!
                              1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                              1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                                What do you anticipate it making? Are you doing Alpha-N or a blended setup? I love every update on this thing!
                                If I make more than 155kw at the tyres I’ll be happy, really unsure where the power figures will sit more nervous now that it will break. Spending the time to nut & bolt check everything along with tidying up a few odds & ends.

Comment

Working...
                                X