upper timing chain cover uneven w/ head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upper timing chain cover uneven w/ head

The upper timing chain cover is uneven with the head, at least 1mm. Tried loosening the cover bolts and prying down a bit as shown in e36 Bentley. Not sure where to go from here. Sorry I don't have pics, but it looks like the upper cover has been off before, maybe the profile gasket was done. ODO reads 88K. Any help much appreciated. Thanks

how about a photo? are you having a leak issue? if not, i would leave it alone.

Comment

yup /\ pics?

Comment

Sorry for no pics, I still shoot 35mm. I bought the car a few months ago w/ VC leaking and found several threads in the head and upper timing case cover were stripped. Finally repaired them with Timeserts yesterday (highly recommended). Replaced all the gaskets--upper tc, profile, VC, plugs. Was able to pry it down as shown in Bentley, still not flush but very close. Thanks though.

Comment

Your problem is the fact that someone had the head surfaced and wasn't smart enough to have the front cover bolted on and surfaced with the head.

When you surface the M42 head, you must have the front cover bolted on otherwise you end up with the problem your having.

Glad to hear you where able to make it work.

Comment

Working...
          X