No announcement yet.

And yet another V8 swap...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is a really cool build. i'm very interested in the ITBs/engine management/etc.

are you considering a M60B44 hybrid? ain't no replacement for displacement..

Comment

For now I'll stick to the B40 with increased compression and the cams. I have a thing with short stroke engines... We'll see when it's running. As long as it performs better than my old setup, it'll be good.
      dyno run. All-stock S38B35, just exhaust! Not bad for a 23 year old engine

Comment

IDF stacks work on the S62 ITB's? That's convenient.

Comment

Yup, same bolt pattern and diameter
          Last edited by Yorl; 09-30-2013, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Looks like a solid build in the works, I look forward to seeing the results.

Comment

Thanks! It's gonna take some time, I spend all day working on other people's project cars cars, so mine has to wait...

Comment

Bit of an update, not much though....
                Decided to attack the wiring harness, as I will be changing everything...

There, fixed....

Today we scrapped an S60R at work (one of our spare shells), and it kindly donated a few parts I will re-use.

Fusebox:

Power steering cooler:

And, I forgot to post the flywheel I'll be using

This weekend I should be starting with the new wiring harness (body harness), new fusebox and relaybox inside the car (away from the heat), and with a much simpler design. After that, I will do an independent harness for the engine. It's a lot of work, but that's what I'm used to do, so....

Comment

cant wait to see more updates on this build. looks great so far!

Comment

For those wheels, you've swapped the fronts and rears correct? (You're running the ones labelled front on the rear and vice versa?
                    84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                    Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Yes, et0 (fronts) are on the back, and the et16 are on the front.

Comment

So I started working on the interior while I wait for the engine work to be finished.

I started fabricating a new wiring harness with "oh surprise"... CONNECTORS!! I hate how stupid a one piece harness is... I just hate it. So now I'm re-wiring everything, each system labeled and independent from one another.

Fuel tank wiring and all the wires for rear lights and central locking, with connectors on the B-pillar

All the crap in the transmission tunnel is gone, I'm just keeping the electric windows switches, also with shorter and independent wires.

I should have pictures of the finished result somewhere though...

Now, interior coming back together!!!

Old carpet

It was pretty disgusting, wanted to get a black one but it wasn't easy, but I found a post talking about the dupli-color spray paint for interiors and decided to give it a try (couldn't be worse....)

It used three cans of the thing, and it looks great. It's not hard to the touch, I was really impressed.....
                        Anyway, now the dash is "almost" on, windows and sunroof are wired, central locking, mirrors and interior lights.
                        I now have to find a nice spot for the new fusebox and finish off the wiring for the interior.... yay

Comment

[/quote]

Holy crap man... how much does that flywheel weigh??? That's not one solid piece of metal is it???

Comment

Nopes, it's not solid!!! And it's 17 pounds

Comment

where'd you source that?
                              Originally posted by priapism
                              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                              Originally posted by shameson
                              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
                              X