Car won't go past 75mph, 4krpms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car won't go past 75mph, 4krpms.

First off muffler now shakes didn't do this before . Okay so driving it's fine I notice a little decrease of power. Getting past 2nd gear the car hesitates. She won't go past 3,500 rpms and is very slow picking up. 75mph I floor the car and she stays at 80mph and won't go past 4krpms either, this never happened before at the track what do you guys think please help. She idles fine as I put a penny in the icv and can redline while revving. Thank you!

She has terrible mpg now to.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

having a somewhat similar issue with my 87 with an ETA. Hopefully someone can help us out
    My rigs:
    1984 Jeep Cj7 (my baby)
    Lifted 2006 Subaru Baja (the daily)
    1987 BMW 325e Off-road Build (the new hotness)

Comment

Originally posted by 1984CJ7 View Post
      having a somewhat similar issue with my 87 with an ETA. Hopefully someone can help us out
      You'll get help alright, not me though. Only rogue toaster has helped me

Comment

What did you change before it was happening? You might have changed your spark plugs wires—verify those, or messed up your vacuum advance hose to the distributor
        '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
        NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
        Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

Originally posted by 1984CJ7 View Post
          CHECK OUT YOUR CAT CONVERTER! SOLVED my issue. When the car is cold it doesn't have issue until it gets warm, hence the cat chokes up instead of burning waste fuel since it's clogged

Last edited by Sonny; 03-01-2019, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxx_ View Post
            What did you change before it was happening? You might have changed your spark plugs wires—verify those, or messed up your vacuum advance hose to the distributor
            It was a cat converter I had installed brother! Helped a heap as I replaced it, but something still is off. And the spark plugs and wires are from previous owners order, although it was a kid. Come to think of it I think it might be wrong all along, I couldn't find a photo of the way the distributor spark plugs and wires lead In the Benley manual so I went in order the previous owner did. crap, thank you so much man I'ma look into that

Comment

Working...
            X