No announcement yet.

Ruthless the turbo 325ix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a 2.93 for mine. The one I have now feels short even for NA. Lol. Post some pulls when you get a chance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eThirtyAaron View Post
      I've got a 2.93 for mine. The one I have now feels short even for NA. Lol. Post some pulls when you get a chance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
      Ya I guess I will see how the 3.91 feels will probably be short but I'm stuck with it. I definitely will, I will post some dyno pulls and street pulls when it is finished.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyPrime View Post
        stock IX manual diffs which are 3.91. the auto ix's had 4.10s those are the only 2 options for the ix.
        i'm running 3.64s on my ix. Its a euro early model production date 1985
        318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
        '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
          i'm running 3.64s on my ix. Its a euro early model production date 1985
          Ya I thought I remembered there being another ratio I was just going by us spec diffs. How is the 3.64s?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Comment

I haven't Updated this thread in awhile. I have been really busy. but back to the Ix so after the turbo seal blew in my last post it ended up being the bad drain line that the oil backed up in and blew the seal.
            After getting that fixed we took another trip to the dyno and that POS coolant line that goes to the back of the head exploded while we were on the dyno. they did get it tuned enough that I could drive it. It still leaked oil out of the head gasket and when I would get in boost just a little my temp gauge would go crazy. so fast forward another month and I am racing my friends subaru on the Hwy I hit full boost, it basically pressurized my coolant system with the cylinder pressure and blew all my coolant out and overheated my engine.
            I'm not sure if it actually overheated, I know my temp gauge spiked when the hot air blew past it. we towed it home and it has been sitting in my garage ever since, waiting for me to get motivated again. I also don"t have the money for it at the moment. I'm rebuilding a bbc 396 for my dads old k20 and also have a new car payment after buying a Trailblazer ss. I will update this thread when I do start working on it again. my plan is to O-ring the block and use a stock head gasket.

Comment

thats bad luck, sorry to hear. Ive been running arp head studs with a stock headgasket on my turbo m20 for about 4000km now without issue, at 13psi. Granted I feel my tune is fairly well sorted out and the engine runs well.

Comment

Subbed

Waiting to see how everything goes.

Comment

Alright everyone finally an update! I know it's been awhile. But I'm not one to just abandon a forum. I said I would update and here it it. So last night my buddy was in town and we decided to tear into the IX. So it looks to me like it was leaning out alot. The piston pictured is number 3. It seems to have melted the corner of that piston and also fucked the cylinder wall as well. Here is where you guys come in. What should I do? My first thought is oversized pistons and bore it out a little. But what about swaps? I know the m5x is a hard swap because of the all wheel drive. But is is easier now since more people have done it? If I do, do oversized pistons I would probably get a whole stroker kit. Let me know what all y'all's opinions are.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well after long months of thinking what I'm going to do with my e30 I finally made a decision. I was able to find a good deal on some forged CP pistons that are custom made to be used with a m52b28 crank and a 135mm rod. After buying the pistons I was on a search for a m52 crank. I texted a buddy and he had a m52 laying around that dropped a valve. He gave me the whole engine for free. After cleaning the pistons up a little I ran into a bummer. One of the pistons was cracked right in the valve relief. I contacted VAC and they said for 1 piston it will be $300 mind you I only paid $450 for the set of 6. I have a buddy that is a machinist and he said he would make me the m52 cranks spacer for free. I sent him this diagram of the crank spacer I found online. That is where I am at now. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

sick update. Looking forward to seeing what kinda numbers this makes
                      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                        sick update. Looking forward to seeing what kinda numbers this makes
                        Thanks man! It's been a long ass road but I'm getting excited about it again. I'll be running a water/meth injection and wasted spark as well. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good thing you caught the crack, I wonder if the seller knew about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mazdayasna View Post
                            Good thing you caught the crack, I wonder if the seller knew about it?
                            He definitely didnt seem like he knew. It was covered in soot and I only noticed it when I cleaned it off. He had a machine shop look at it and they didn't notice it. He said he would refund me $50 which I'm still waiting for. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice project! Can't wait to start mine!
                              Drive it like you just stole it! :p

Comment

After years of neglecting the IX I finally decided to work on it. I'm going with the forged pistons and the m52b28 rods and crank after hours of research. I've found the stock m52b28 bottom end has been known to hold 700whp+ i won't be anywhere near that but its nice to know they are very strong. I got all the drive train disconnected and am getting ready to pull the engine again to bring it to the machine shop. I'll update when I get things done. Unfortunately/fortunately I'm an essential employee so I don't have all day to work on it (I wish I did) I will update when I can. I'm not one to abandon a thread. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X