No announcement yet.

Found the limits of a stock M20B25 Bottom End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the wrist pin seized? Can you get it out and see if there's heat damage? The rod bolts don't look like they stretched until they broke (though the little stub in the rod isn't visible in enough detail to tell for sure), and the rod doesn't have any heat damage indicating a seized bearing.

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
      Is the wrist pin seized? Can you get it out and see if there's heat damage? The rod bolts don't look like they stretched until they broke (though the little stub in the rod isn't visible in enough detail to tell for sure), and the rod doesn't have any heat damage indicating a seized bearing.
      The wrist pin was free floating from the rod. It moved smoothly from what I could tell. I didnt see any discoloration on the pin.
      - AXIS POWERS - 2JZ E30 Build
      Current Project - 87 325is 2JZ Swapped with M4 DCT

Comment

ever finished that stroker? still alive?

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
          ever finished that stroker? still alive?
          The stroker is done and ready to be swapped in...but i cant seem to kill this 2.7 bottom end that I replaced my last blown one with back in December of 2017. I'm 6 drift events, 2 clutches, and about 50 tires in on this engine and its still taking a beating almost 1 and half years later. Swapped to MS3 Pro Evo and using an M50 cam sensor so for sequential fuel and ignition. So far the car is running well and even though cyl 2 has had low compression from day one, its still trucking away. Just finished Lonestar Bash round 3 in Houston this weekend and absolutely thrashed the car on limiter without a single hiccup. Engine is on about 15psi and doing very well, probably makes at least 400whp at this boost. I will likely be turning it up a bit more soon, maybe to 20psi or so, and see how she does. Once this motor pops, ill throw in the stroker and let her eat :devil:
          - AXIS POWERS - 2JZ E30 Build
          Current Project - 87 325is 2JZ Swapped with M4 DCT

Comment

Working...
          X