R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > General Forums > Members Rides > The Project Forum

Old 07-04-2019, 01:59 PM   #166
Albie325
Advanced Member

rzerob So the whole car has clear bra on it and a lot of that would peel off with the clear bra. The scrape went through the bra in some spots and left a nice wave in the bumper which wouldn’t bother me too much cuz I could get that out with some heat, however there’s a small but very noticeable dent in the metal of the quarter panel that definitely went through the paint. This car is essentially my dream car (aside from a Ferrari which ain’t happening) and I plan on keeping it forever so I’d rather just get it repaired and have it looking 100% again. This is why we can’t have nice things I guess...

'86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 Feedback | Albie's M4 European Delivery

Last edited by Albie325; 07-05-2019 at 05:33 PM.
Albie325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 02:35 PM   #167
Albie325
Advanced Member

Melon check out this thread:

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...316683&page=11

Found it very helpful when trying to decide between the Continental and Clarion headunits.

At post #152 I saw earthwormjim post a pic of his Continental that he swapped the diodes on. Basically changed the button diodes and backlight to diodes with the correct amber wavelength to match what is on the OEM backlight. It matches perfectly to the BMW items. I contacted him about it thinking maybe I’d buy the diodes and do it myself. Apparently they’re SUPER small and someone like myself with minimal electronics experience would have a tough time with it. He offers it as a service for a fee, parts and shipping included. He was awesome to deal with and I highly recommend it, pricing was very reasonable as well.

'86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 Feedback | Albie's M4 European Delivery

Albie325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 04:08 PM   #168
325isman
Wrencher

Great progress .....looking good
325isman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 07:39 PM   #169
Melon
E30 Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie325 View Post
Melon check out this thread:

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...316683&page=11

Found it very helpful when trying to decide between the Continental and Clarion headunits.

At post #152 I saw earthwormjim post a pic of his Continental that he swapped the diodes on. Basically changed the button diodes and backlight to diodes with the correct amber wavelength to match what is on the OEM backlight. It matches perfectly to the BMW items. I contacted him about it thinking maybe I’d buy the diodes and do it myself. Apparently they’re SUPER small and someone like myself with minimal electronics experience would have a tough time with it. He offers it as a service for a fee, parts and shipping included. He was awesome to deal with and I highly recommend it, pricing was very reasonable as well.
I'm not that worried about it matching, at least I wasn't until I saw that. That's amazing. I never did get my OBC lighting to work. It seems as if the lighting power goes through the door chime and interior lighting system, which mine is all Hodge podge. I was planning on running a 12v hot to it, but it got lost in the shuffle.

How much was it? PM me plz.