Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep them both.

Comment

Sell both and get an E30 coupe. Or a Touring.
      Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
        Looks aside, the Z4 is a much better car than the Z3 in basically every possible way, especially with the N52. You'd be going back 2.5 generations basically in a Z3.

since the E30 is a convertible.. I'd keep the Z4.
        Nando with the logic. I absolutely loved my Z3 M Coupe, but when you compare it to newer cars, and newer BMWs it just isn't in the same league. This is really hard for me to say, for as much as I wished I had never sold my M Coupe, and I miss it dearly, the Z4 is a better car. It's too bad it's not as sexy as the Z3.

No one car is perfect, in my mind the stable should complement each other. Where one shines, another may not. Utility, fun, performance, efficiency etc all comes into play, and really it's what you want. We are just sitting here, offering our own 2 cents.

What else resides in the stable?

I'd sell the E30, but I'm just not a fan of most convertibles. Replacing it with an E30 coupe, sedan, or touring would round out the fun car area well. The Z4 for me would remain until I decide if they fill the role, or like you said if your wife really enjoys it. I'd really like to get a touring myself and I've told myself I'm not getting another E30 unless it's a touring. I'm a wagon fiend though.

Then I'd consider what the E30 and/or Z4 lacks. Do you want a sedan? E39 M5 upkeep is nothing to joke about, but it is one of my favorite sedans of all time. Two others would be diesels E90 335d (on my short list) or maybe a 535d?

edit: This thread is two years old...

So OP what did you do?
        Last edited by DEV0 E30; 07-12-2019, 06:53 AM.
        Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
          Nando with the logic. I absolutely loved my Z3 M Coupe, but when you compare it to newer cars, and newer BMWs it just isn't in the same league. This is really hard for me to say, for as much as I wished I had never sold my M Coupe, and I miss it dearly, the Z4 is a better car. It's too bad it's not as sexy as the Z3.

No one car is perfect, in my mind the stable should complement each other. Where one shines, another may not. Utility, fun, performance, efficiency etc all comes into play, and really it's what you want. We are just sitting here, offering our own 2 cents.

What else resides in the stable?

I'd sell the E30, but I'm just not a fan of most convertibles. Replacing it with an E30 coupe, sedan, or touring would round out the fun car area well. The Z4 for me would remain until I decide if they fill the role, or like you said if your wife really enjoys it. I'd really like to get a touring myself and I've told myself I'm not getting another E30 unless it's a touring. I'm a wagon fiend though.

Then I'd consider what the E30 and/or Z4 lacks. Do you want a sedan? E39 M5 upkeep is nothing to joke about, but it is one of my favorite sedans of all time. Two others would be diesels E90 335d (on my short list) or maybe a 535d?

edit: This thread is two years old...

So OP what did you do?
          OP told us he retired and has kept both cars, the wife taking the Z4 more often than not because he let her figure out the traction control button. I agree with keeping the E30 over the Z4 because that is a really nice version of a convertible E30, but not the best (non-M) version of a coupe Z4. So rarity favors the 'vert. And such.

Current Bimmers:
          1991 525i, lagungrun
          1991 318i M54B30 swapped, brilliantrot
          1991 318i S52 swapped, diamantschwarz
          1991 Bertone FreeClimber (with 2.7i M20B27 engine)
          1989 325is, bronzit
          1982 320i M50B25 swapped, alpinweiss
          1981 320i, saphirblau
          1976 2002, mintgrun

"Murderbrick" 1991 318i M54B30 swap

Comment

Working...
          X