Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this part called ?

Hello , as I was cleaning my engine bay of my 1989 bmw convertible
    I rubbed against this part and it started to come apart ! Does anyone know the name of this part and can I just purchase the plastic part or any other suggestions . I currently have electrical tape around it , but it looks horrible that way also is it safe to drive with just electrical tape ? Thanks everyone for your help ! Oh bye the way the part is circled it’s attached to the main relay box

No pic attached.

Comment

Betting it's a crash sensor or ABS connector near the fuse box despite the lack of a pic.

Comment

My guess, OP is talking about the auxiliary fuse box or the fuse box cover.

Neither require electrical tape or replacement for the car to be fine running.
        sigpic
        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Yeah, that aux fuse box really gets on my nerves. I’ll fix it one day......
          My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
          I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

Originally posted by fsalazar8187 View Post
            Hello , as I was cleaning my engine bay of my 1989 bmw convertible
            I rubbed against this part and it started to come apart ! Does anyone know the name of this part and can I just purchase the plastic part or any other suggestions . I currently have electrical tape around it , but it looks horrible that way also is it safe to drive with just electrical tape ? Thanks everyone for your help ! Oh bye the way the part is c̶i̶r̶c̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶h̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶a̶y̶ ̶b̶o̶x̶ my Johnson
            this was going nowhere anyways.
            Last edited by djjerme; 06-07-2019, 07:43 PM.
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Flux Capacitor
              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Working...
              X