Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on running a 255/50/16 on a et 15 16x9 wheel on rear of a flared e30? I know it is a huge diameter tire. Just trying to get the most traction possible. Also trying to put a 225/50/16 on et 20 16x 7.5 on the front of the same flared car
    1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Have a set of 16x9 klutch wheels
      Currently running 205/50/16, minor rub up front. Running firestone allseason 710s

Looking to switch to DunlopDZ102s
      205/45/16
      I see the tread width on tire rack goes from 7.2 on firestone to 6.7 on the Dunlop DZ102
      Will this cause a massive stretch look? or will it be negligible?

Comment

Originally posted by potatomash View Post
        I have 30mm upfront to clear my brakes so my offsets are going to be +6 front and +8 rear. Will I get away with 215 and 235 40s with serious guard rolling and prob a bit of front camber

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
        No. Not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by md-va View Post
          From browsing through this thread, it would seem I have 3 tire size choices. I'm just not sure which one would work the best. Car is a 1992 vert lowered on Ground Control Coilovers with offset CABs. Wheels I want to eventually fix and put on are 16x7.5 ET25 all around (Racing Dynamics RGP's). From what I have read, 205/50, 215/45, or 225/45 should fit. I just wasn't sure if I would have rubbing issues with any of these tire sizes since the car is lower than stock.

Thanks!
          Any of those. No rubbing.

Comment

Originally posted by achtung-e30 View Post
            stock ride hight early model e30 - what would it take and is it feasible ? if so a tire size would be helpful as well - thanks in advance
            30mm all around. 205/50 front 225/45 rear tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy85'E30 View Post
              I have a 87 325is. I have H&R Racesprings. I just bought 20mm 5 lug adapters as well as a set of style 5s with no tires.. What size tire can I run, this car is my daily so the last thing I want is for it to rub and I really do NOT want to have tiny STANCE tires lol.
              Too bad, they don't fit. 195/40 or 195/45 works. 205/40 will rub.

Comment

Originally posted by skuurt skuurt View Post
                I'm cutting my fenders and putting the DTM flares on. I've ordered 15x9 with a 5 1/2 in backspace for the front and 15x10 with a 6 in backspace for the rear. I'm trying to figure out how wide of a tire I can fit on it in the rear and what will be functional in the front. This is for my turbo m52 build.
                No idea for flares, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by supkev View Post
                  Currently have a square set of 16x8 e38 weaves "style 5" and they are redrilled to 4x100 et23 offset is the offset I believe. Sitting on Megan coilover's, I probably need to run a spacer up front. But I want to run a meatyish setup, I'm wondering if a 215-45-16 will fit and not rub? My fenders are not rolled or pulled.
                  5-8mm front spacers and none in the rear, yup those fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus33 View Post
                    Have a set of 16x9 klutch wheels
                    Currently running 205/50/16, minor rub up front. Running firestone allseason 710s

Looking to switch to DunlopDZ102s
                    205/45/16
                    I see the tread width on tire rack goes from 7.2 on firestone to 6.7 on the Dunlop DZ102
                    Will this cause a massive stretch look? or will it be negligible?
                    Home of the worlds largest collection of Tyre Stretch and Stance photos

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                      Any of those. No rubbing.
                      Thanks for the reply Mystikal!
                      Current: 2011 M3
                      Retired: 1986 325e, 1991 318i, 1991 325ic, 1992 325ic, 1998 528i, 2002 325xiT, 2003 530i, 2005 325xiT, 2008 335i

Comment

No idea for flares, sorry.
                        how about what tire to run on a 15x9 in the front when the rears will have a 15x10 with a 275/50r15 mounted on it?
                        1987 325 project

Comment

Hi Jay. Thanks for being here after all these years. I have a question about tire size for a 16x7.5 et20 wheel.

I see most people run 205/45 but 205/50 has a more similar rolling diameter. Any difference in fit? Car is on H&R sports. Convertible with lower rear arches

Thanks!

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

205/50 is perfect on a 16
                            -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                            08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                            318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                            '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                            Originally posted by roguetoaster
                            Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

^^^^^ i have ran them multiple times
                              i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

5-8mm front spacers and none in the rear, yup those fit.
                                Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Working...
                                X