Color code for BBS RGs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Color code for BBS RGs?

I have a set of forged BBS RGs with polished lips and anthracite centers. I'm thinking about redoing them in their original color. I've heard the color called "platinum" before, but they seem kinda yellowish in pictures. Does anyone know the actual color code?

sigpic
    January 2012 COTM

I don't have the color code but in person they are light gold, not really platinum, but more like champagne. Here are pics of mine showing the color well. You might have to call BBS for the color code but I can tell you it is not the BBS RZ gold, those are bronze/yellow. From a distance they almost just look silver. Squint at the second pic and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Last edited by fronton; 10-26-2012, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fronton View Post
      those are the rims I have for my swap! I don't have the color code but in person they are light gold, not really platinum, but more like champagne. Here are pics of mine showing the color well. You might have to call BBS for the color code but I can tell you it is not the BBS RZ gold, those are bronze/yellow. From a distance they almost just look silver. Squint at the second pic and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Thanks, very helpful post and pic. RGs are definitely a unique color that works better on certain colored cars. My plans are to re-paint to their original color and then swap them to my diamond schwarz sedan. Judging by your pic, they look good on DS cars. Do you have anymore pics?

Here's how they look now on my vert painted anthracite. In the back is the DS sedan I plan to mount them on once they've been repainted to their original color. Still need the paint code though. I'm pretty sure BBS does not give out this information.

sigpic
      January 2012 COTM

Comment

That sedan is DS? It looks like Schwartz. Either way, yes RGs on a dark e30 is incredible in my opinion. Here are a couple more pics of my DS M5

Comment

That sedan is DS? It looks like Schwartz. Either way, yes RGs on a dark e30 is incredible in my opinion. Here are a couple more pics of my DS M5
          That's an M5? It looks like an M3 ;) My sedan is DS, but it looks darker on that pic. Thanks for the pics. I still need the color code, otherwise I might just go with oem silver.
          sigpic
          January 2012 COTM

Comment

Originally posted by robrez View Post
            That's an M5? It looks like an M3 ;) My sedan is DS, but it looks darker on that pic. Thanks for the pics. I still need the color code, otherwise I might just go with oem silver.
            M5 engine. So E30 M5.

Comment

M5 engine. So E30 M5.
              Nice with that combo, you can call whatever you want
              sigpic
              January 2012 COTM

Comment

bump, still looking for the paint code.
                sigpic
                January 2012 COTM

Comment

Hi did you ever find the code for the pearl/champagne colour. I think they could be the same as mine. Rare limited edition BBS white edition wheels I have the RS or RSE as they call them. They are almost silver in some lights and then goldish in others.

Any help appreciated.

Comment

Sorry for the multiple post, don't know how that happened or how to delete them

Comment

Working...
                    X