No announcement yet.

Mission to the Cosmos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw a nice backdrop so I figured I’d take a quick stop and snap a pic...

Other small updates. Got my bent wheel fixed by TruWheel in North Hollywood and the guy commented on how these earlier SSRs were his favorite. He was happy to hear that I taking good care of these. After that I got the 4th Dunlop mounted, I went home and installed it. Was a pleasure to see this again

One last thing I did was a r3v member hit me up saying he had a free, spare set of diving boards from his 88, so I figured why not. My front was cracked so that was nice, unfortunately I only got the bumper shocks with the rear and not the front.

Cracked front bumper

Now, is the rear more tucked? You be the judge, but I think it is

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Wish I had the front bumper shocks too, but free is free.

Until next time....
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Awesome update. Love that background photo.

Comment

Originally posted by e30RS View Post
        Awesome update. Love that background photo.

Thanks, it wasn’t planned. Saw it while driving home and immediately detoured for a second and snapped a pic.

Got some minor things done today, mostly helping out my buddy with some work on the E30 he is refreshing, and decided to add some minor work on mine. The vent cowls were quite faded and since I already was painting some other stuff I added these to the mix.

But first, my buddy found a cassette that I’ll be listening to until I get my cantaloupe setup. For now, tape deck works great!

And here’s the work I actually did today

Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

Changed the rear wheel bearing today with Ian’s help. Or rather he changed the wheel bearing with my help, but who’s keeping score ? ...

Car is a million times quieter now, and I can focus my attention on the creature comforts. A/C parts still being collected and a 5-channel amp are the main things on the list.
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            Changed the rear wheel bearing today with Ian’s help. Or rather he changed the wheel bearing with my help, but who’s keeping score ? ...

Car is a million times quieter now, and I can focus my attention on the creature comforts. A/C parts still being collected and a 5-channel amp are the main things on the list.

Where the did you get the F.A.G? I can’t find them anywhere

Comment

BMA Autoparts
              (818) 240- 1223

I called several places and their prices were the best on this. Bluntech was the next closest, but I went with the local company this time
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

BMA Autoparts
                (818) 240- 1223

I called several places and their prices were the best on this. Bluntech was the next closest, but I went with the local company this time

As always, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
                  As always, thank you!
                  No problem, just make sure you torque your wheels after....

BTW this job isnt an easy one for the DIY. I had help from a seasoned vet with the right tools and experience. Not one I would've tried on my own
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

No problem, just make sure you torque your wheels after....

BTW this job isnt an easy one for the DIY. I had help from a seasoned vet with the right tools and experience. Not one I would've tried on my own

Yes understood, we all put ourselves at risk if were not careful :) F.A.G bearing are they lifetime lasting compared to say Meyle?

Comment

Lifetime? ... on a wheel bearing?... not likely, but I think Im good until 2050 assuming we arent all dead from a nuclear war or aliens
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Mission to the Cosmos

Lifetime? ... on a wheel bearing?... not likely, but I think Im good until 2050 assuming we arent all dead from a nuclear war or aliens

Awww sweeet! Nothing but the best for your rides nice! Would Meyle last just as long or should I do a solid pass on all brands except F.A.G and genuine BMW? You know best!

Comment

nothing but the best for the M10. Go to the dealership and order them.
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

That trim restorer looks great. How difficult is it for the grills to do?

Comment

Originally posted by e30RS View Post
                              That trim restorer looks great. How difficult is it for the grills to do?
                              Thanks, the grilles only need a little more work because of the foam. Either you mask it or remove it. My euro grilles were restored last year with the SEM trim paint and still look great.
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Excellent. A good option and the euro grilles look great.

Comment

Working...
                                X