japan e30's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

japan e30's

do the japanese e30's use different parts or anything compared to a LHD vehicle, beside probably some steering column parts and pedals? Are there any other parts specific to RHD?Will it be hard to find parts because it would be RHD? Any other things to be worried about if e30 is RHD?

LHD cars in Japan are considered a status symbol. They have the same issues going through drive thru's like you'll have driving a RHD car through one here in the states.
    One guy had trouble finding a replacement throttle cable for his RHD car in the UK.
    It's also documented that not all exhaust headers fit because of linkages in the way.

Comment

Funny thing is a lot of E30s in Canada are actually Japanese imports. All of the ones I've ever seen were LHD.. but they were things like ix's and M3s.

personally, I wouldn't touch a RHD E30 with a 10 foot pole.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

E30s were designed to be LHD and a RHD car is only gonna be fun for a minute before you get tired of it. Just get a regular E30.

Comment

nando, why wouldnt you touch a RHD e30?

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
            Funny thing is a lot of E30s in Canada are actually Japanese imports. All of the ones I've ever seen were LHD.. but they were things like ix's and M3s.
            Not necessarily.

Most of the NICE e30's in Canada are Jspec. The obvious reason for that is the harsh climate that kills all vehicles. Having a nice Canadian spec e30 that has a desirable package (is, es, M3 etc) is really worth something as it's basically a Euro spec without the rear fogs etc.

Originally posted by mmk61 View Post
            Probably because of the issues finding parts etc.
            I know that's one of the main reasons I was hesitant on importing a 333i from SA back in the day.
            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by mmk61 View Post
              Because E30s aren't RHD cars, and driving a RHD car in a LHD country sucks.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I've personally owned two Japanese market E34 M5s and a Japanese market 325iX, and have seen many Japanese 320is and 325is listed over the years, and they were all left hand drive.

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                Most of the NICE e30's in Canada are Jspec. The obvious reason for that is the harsh climate that kills all vehicles. Having a nice Canadian spec e30 that has a desirable package (is, es, M3 etc) is really worth something as it's basically a Euro spec without the rear fogs etc.
                Agree with both points from personal experience. There are a lot of (Ontario) E30s appearing in our community now which we've never seen at shows or events, many of which were local cars from new.

Comment

Yeah every e30 I have sen come out of Japan has been lhd. Also rhd sucks to drive in the states. It is not worth the headache if it will be used daily.
                  Originally posted by blunttech
                  Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
                  :shock:

Comment

Because E30s aren't RHD cars, and driving a RHD car in a LHD country sucks.
                    BMW built their inline engines to be LHD-
                    if they were going to be RHD, they'd a tipped it over the other way!

And put the exhaust on the left.

Now, the V8's and 12's, those were just bad ideas all around...

heh

t
                    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

All these right hand haters , it's fun it's been fun I've driven right seat since high school. It's the best.
                      I'd say go for it it's the driving experience you race,drift,off-road different you have an advantage being in both seats turning the car weight center of gravity ratio it's hard to explain unless you own them and still drive them like I do. I just know off-road I ride trails better because the left sides always beat down from left hand drivers. On the street it's fun but there's a lot more blind spots. And unless your in a lifted vehicle it's scary cause it is hard to see.

Comment

bro...

t
                        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
                        X