No announcement yet.

MkII GTi Recaros in an E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryan, I will definitely take those off your hands. Let me know when they'll be available.

I was hoping you'd notice this thread, because you were the one person I knew that had them, but I couldn't remember your screename.

Comment

^^^^^ LOL no problem, they are all yours. You should have just called. If you dont have my #, Luke does. .

Originally posted by rThor432 View Post
      Would you mind taking pictures for the general E30 public? I'd appreciate it anyway..

I will get some pics up soon.
      ** Lot's of M20 turbo parts for sale.**

Turn key track car.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=222066

Comment

those look like the Recaro SE Im running....

And here is a picture of the brackets I made to attach to the stock sport seat sliders.

Hope that helps!

Comment

HOLY CRAP!!

I have the same exact seats! When I sold my GLi, I kept them for use in another VW, but they have just been sitting around. I didnt think you could make them fit.

Mr Anderson and E30Idea...can you guys send me pictures?

Comment

The slider sections are all fucked up in the VW.

The front 'mount' is a centrally-located "pin-type" mount, and the rears are side-mounts, that slip into sliders (kinda like a kitchen cabinet drawer, sorta..) the rear legs have plastic clips that cover them, so it isn't metal-on-metal sliders. the front has a rubberish thing that wraps around the bracket/pin section..

i threw a paint diagram together, showing off my madd preskool skillz ;)

just a rough idea of what the sparco sliders looked like when i had Torinos in my Mk2 GLI
            Attached Files
            ~Rogan
            '85 325e w/M42 swap
            '02 WRX 2.5L Hybrid w/GT32 @ 20psi - 400+awhp :: SOLD
            http://www.autismspeaks.org ||| http://www.essentialpieces.org
            sigpic

Strategic Alpine Command
            Diving Board Division

Comment

I'm not even using the stock VW brackets/sliders at all now, I took them off yesterday and threw them in the trash. They're a really shitty design.

I'm going to make 2 pairs of adapter plates and mount the stock E30 brackets to the bottoms of the Recaros, just like Brad did, shown above.

Comment

good choice :)
                ~Rogan
                '85 325e w/M42 swap
                sigpic

Strategic Alpine Command
                Diving Board Division

Comment

Brad took a bunch more pics of his mounting system for me today, since he's got almost the same seat as I have. It's going to be SUPER easy to mount these up.

And even better news, I found a site in the UK that sells replacement bolster foam for the crushed outer driver side one I have, and for dirt cheap!

Comment

Same seats I have in my cab

Comment

Originally posted by Rogan View Post
                      i threw a paint diagram together, showing off my madd preskool skillz ;)
                      Nice work. Looks like an MC Escher staircase. :up:
                      McCain's military draft: Are you willing to bet your life?

Comment

Lol ^^
                        ~Rogan
                        '85 325e w/M42 swap
                        sigpic

Strategic Alpine Command
                        Diving Board Division

Comment

Mr. Anderson, you got the website? I also need some replacement bolsters for my set of Recaro's. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Addiction2E30s View Post
                            Same seats I have in my cab

Glenn you still did not do the rear seats yet. What is up with Gary?
                            Kevin

www.seatkit.com New Site first week of April 2011
                            Your DIY upholstery source
                            e30tech forum sponsor
                            E46 uphosltery kits coming soon..........
                            kchinn@creativeoptions.info

Comment

check the "suspension" on the bottom of the vw recaros. it is the brownish woven stuff that your seat padding sits on. if it is ripped, missing, starting to rip, you will need to address that before you install them. they are not available ANYWHERE as a replacement material.
                              believe me i tried!!! they are made by parelli tyre.

if they are not perfect let me know and i can show you what i ended up making to replace the mesh suspension

OP...i have the vw recaros in my 91 325i. you'll need to dismantle a stock seat, then rob the base that attaches to the floor from the base of the seat. from there you can weld universal adapters/sliders to the old base and you are set. by doing this you can still use stock seatbelts. if not you will have to go to a schroth or similar style 4 point belt.
                              Last edited by der affe; 08-27-2008, 10:13 PM.
                              seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by der affe View Post
                                check the "suspension" on the bottom of the vw recaros. it is the brownish woven stuff that your seat padding sits on. if it is ripped, missing, starting to rip, you will need to address that before you install them. they are not available ANYWHERE as a replacement material.
                                believe me i tried!!! they are made by parelli tyre.

if they are not perfect let em know and i can show you what i ended up making to replace the mesh suspension
                                Ummmm, isn't this it?

RECARO seat webbing to support seat foam, suitable for many OEM and aftermarket RECARO seats.

Comment

Working...
                                X