No announcement yet.

MkII GTi Recaros in an E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well holy shit! i looked for ever for the drivers side and now the pass side is crapping too! thanks!

i was reading your plans for the seat mounting and if you just weld the universal sliders to an old set of bmw seat mounts you'll be golden with out having to fab up anything
    seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Andrew and I got started yesterday on getting all the necessary measurements for making the bracket adapters, and I bought the pieces of flat-stock steel to make the plates.

But I did discover that one of those seat-foam suspension pads is ripped almost completely in half, and the other one is missing completely! So that's going to be about another £35.74 ($71) each, on top of ordering a new outer bolster for each seat, at about £20.38 ($41) each.

So along with shipping, that's about $250 I still have to put into them, but it will be worth it to have freshly-reconditioned seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
        Andrew and I got started yesterday on getting all the necessary measurements for making the bracket adapters, and I bought the pieces of flat-stock steel to make the plates.

But I did discover that one of those seat-foam suspension pads is ripped almost completely in half, and the other one is missing completely! So that's going to be about another £35.74 ($71) each, on top of ordering a new outer bolster for each seat, at about £20.38 ($41) each.

So along with shipping, that's about $250 I still have to put into them, but it will be worth it to have freshly-reconditioned seats.
        Since they are similar to recaros I usually replace them with regular webbing. If you need them let me know. I would need the lengths $40 shipped for both seats. All you do is reuse the metal attachment rod.
        Kevin

www.seatkit.com New Site first week of April 2011
        Your DIY upholstery source
        e30tech forum sponsor
        E46 uphosltery kits coming soon..........
        kchinn@creativeoptions.info

Comment

Originally posted by Tricked 323i View Post
          Since they are similar to recaros I usually replace them with regular webbing. If you need them let me know. I would need the lengths $40 shipped for both seats. All you do is reuse the metal attachment rod.
          Kevin
          Yeah, I'll get those lengths for you, that would be a big help. Do you not use the little hooks to attach them, like the one pictured? Because one of the seats is missing the whole thing altogether.

Comment

Yeah, I'll get those lengths for you, that would be a big help. Do you not use the little hooks to attach them, like the one pictured? Because one of the seats is missing the whole thing altogether.
            Yeah they are pretty simple clips and can be made out of piano wire and needle nose vise grips, I have access to that as well. Just thought I would save you some cash, although capital is good for Recaro access. I am talking to someone now about having the recaro foam reproduced in small quantities. Seems like I do more and more of the Recaro covers but customers foam is always bad so my kits do not fit as nice as it should.
            Kevin

e30tech forum sponsor

Comment

That's awesome man, I'll get in touch with you soon.

Comment

That's awesome man, I'll get in touch with you soon.
                If you want authentic (cost a bit more) I can get rubber like this.
                Kevin

e30tech forum sponsor

Comment

If the stuff you use will sufficiently hold my ass up, I'll just stick with that.

I weigh around 225, what would you reccomend?

Comment

I weigh 210 I would just use the webbing...........
                    Kevin

e30tech forum sponsor

Comment

What would be a decent price to pay for these seats front and back in decent condition?

Comment

Mr. Aderson, have you actually dealt with that company yet? If so, how are they to work with? I need some of the black cloth, but have not had the best luck with foreign vendors.
                        Last edited by alpinaclone; 09-08-2008, 09:28 PM.
                        Matt

sigpic

Comment

i have 2 sets of trophies i will be selling soon if anybody is interested.
                          ----- www.jjcustominterior.com -----
                          We specialize in Recaro restoration!

Comment

Originally posted by alpinaclone View Post
                            Mr. Aderson, have you actually dealt with that company yet? If so, how are they to work with? I need some of the black cloth, but have not had the best luck with foreign vendors.
                            If you need black cloth Recaro sells Avus in 5 yard increments. It is just under $200.00 shipped.
                            Kevin

e30tech forum sponsor

Comment

So Josh and I worked on the seat brackets tonight.

We didn't get a whole lot done, just the drawing and one side cut and drilled. Should be able to finish them up this weekend.
                              Last edited by AndrewBird; 05-24-2009, 12:31 AM.

Comment

So what sliders are you using then???

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                                ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Working...
                                X