Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More pics of GF...

:D

I kid, I kid. Anyways what car(s) is the 3.15 diff out of? That might be a perfect ratio for my car. My current 2.93 is too tall.

Comment

Complimentary gf pic lol

The 3.15 apparently came in some e36 325i autos, works well with my 265 anything shorter would be undriveable & much lower I think I'd lose that initial jump I enjoy

Comment

haha well played :)

I'll have to keep my eye out for a 3.15 then, thanks!

Comment

Couple of photos from a recent meet in Sydney, starting the gathering of parts to make the m30 more fun... this will include itb's, 294 catcam along with a built head, & haltech ecu. Finding a spare m30 to start building

Comment

That last girlfriend pic is brilliant, hahaha. Anyways great looking car and nice little build. Definitely sub'd for more.
            My Garage
            2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
            1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
            1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
            Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Looking great - how did the clearance work out for the e46 rack with the exhaust manifolds?

I was always under the impression from the interwebs (obviously wrongly) that on a RHD M30 swapped e30 that the e36 / e46 rack wouldn't fit due to the angle of the steering shaft.

If you could snap a pic showing clearance it would be awesome :)

I'd love one in my car and I need to do a rack swap sometime soon, although I do have two stock spare e30 racks in the shed...
              My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Nice work so far... Stock m30 swaps are ok, but with the cam/head/standalone it's really going to transform the car! I had a 3.6l m30, 10.5:1, 290 cam and it was wicked fun! Wish I still had it
                - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
                  Looking great - how did the clearance work out for the e46 rack with the exhaust manifolds?

I was always under the impression from the interwebs (obviously wrongly) that on a RHD M30 swapped e30 that the e36 / e46 rack wouldn't fit due to the angle of the steering shaft.

If you could snap a pic showing clearance it would be awesome :)

I'd love one in my car and I need to do a rack swap sometime soon, although I do have two stock spare e30 racks in the shed...
                  Lets say it was a tight fit I've used a XC barina collapsible steering coupling with an e30 uni joint at the top, the stock headers have been chopped to fit as a temporary fix. I'm going to have a set of headers made to suit the RHD m30

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                    That last girlfriend pic is brilliant, hahaha. Anyways great looking car and nice little build. Definitely sub'd for more.
                    Thanks mate should see some more progress shortly

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
                    Nice work so far... Stock m30 swaps are ok, but with the cam/head/standalone it's really going to transform the car! I had a 3.6l m30, 10.5:1, 290 cam and it was wicked fun! Wish I still had it
                    Currently I have a miller maf, & a rebuilt alas oem head but a 284 cam which is making the somewhat standard m30 rather fun.

By chance have a link/build of your m30? I'd love some pointers, building an m30 in Aus is an uncommon occurrence.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony B View Post
                      Lets say it was a tight fit I've used a XC barina collapsible steering coupling with an e30 uni joint at the top, the stock headers have been chopped to fit as a temporary fix. I'm going to have a set of headers made to suit the RHD m30

Good pics there - hmmm - yep that clearance looks nasty. Custom headers would no doubt sort it, with the other mods you've got planned, headers will be needed to make the most of it anyway, so will be worth it.
                      My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Well overdue update, I’ll do the 2017 update this afternoon, & then onto where it’s at now

2016 update -

Pulled down my head today surprised with how clean it was though there was minor scoring on the cam, & wrapped up my cam to keep it safe

got my rockers back from being peened, he also crack tested & radius-ed some of the edges to remove stress points. The will eventually be replaced with ppf steel rockers & a more aggressive cam.

2016 - pt2

Had a play with the adapters which arrived just over a week ago, picking up some new mounting hardware this evening. Like others who have bought these adapters fair chunk of meat needs to be shaved of the head to port match them. But it I had a smile on my face seeing them mounted(even if only a trail fit)

Had the e30 out that a euro meet on the weekend, then got to stretch the m30's legs on the way home through some twisty back roads.

So PPM valves finally arrived(ordering process was less than desirable) but anyway they are here

My rocker locks also arrived, need to spend some time cleaning them up they are less than expected quality wise with the thread ends not cleaned up & aluminum filings breaking off.

Head will finally be off to get ported, with the only parts possibly required being valve guides.

While waiting on parts & dying slowly from the man flu I got started on building my wheels only 3 to go...

3" lips
                        Stainless bolts
                        & fresh paint

Arranging picking up the m30 to pull down & build this week

& the photobucket killed 3rd party hosting so photos took a back burn

Comment

Those wheels are spicy.

M30 with ITBs? Sheesh.

Comment

yeah oof this is sick. More info on the itb setup you plan on using?
                            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

2017 -

Bought another m30, a m90 moved in with the now fiancé(proposed November last year)

Did stuff didn’t really make huge progress on the motor build

But did spare wheel delete & fitted a 2nd diff mount

Fitted an rtd shifter

& got my head from Rama RHDengineering, & my trigger wheel from Miuge

Moving to 2018 -

Did some racing, started to do super sprint rounds with the NSW BMW club, however broke the car big twice

First issue, under dash wire shorted & killed chunks of the loom, swapped looms and stripped;
                              Stereo
                              HVAC
                              Left over A/C
                              Sound deadening
                              Carpet

Got some brake ducts

Got the car running strong & enjoying the lighter weight.......

Then this happened

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                                yeah oof this is sick. More info on the itb setup you plan on using?
                                The s38 itbs where the initial plan however Rama from RHD used my head to develop his m30 kit, I pick my set up in 2wks

Comment

Working...
                                X