No announcement yet.

Another m30e30 & a new project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry photobucket is being an arse & not resizing, had no luck finding how to resize them myself.

The motor photo is gone till I can figure photo bucket or flikr Untitled by Ant Bolic, on Flickr
    Last edited by Anthony B; 04-19-2019, 07:56 PM.

Comment

i use flikr it gives you an option to post a resize to whatever.

thumbnail, to you need a t.v.

Comment

Tidied up the bay a little more

Untitled by Ant Bolic

& got the valance fitted up

Untitled by Ant Bolic, on Flickr

Comment

Nice! The Alpina front looks very neat with the bottom section blacked out.
          My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
            Nice! The Alpina front looks very neat with the bottom section blacked out.
            I finally fixed(dodgy repaired) the gurney flap for the m3 style rear wing & I’ve give it the same treatment as the Alipna front

Last edited by Anthony B; 04-25-2019, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Started making some progress with my brake booster flip, probably the only upside to a right hand drive e30. Using a 26street kit, this is a mates company who put these into production for Aus cars making his RB26 swap an easier process works great to make ITB trumpet space

Just need to make lines to connect up, once done to m30 will go back in the bay

This weekend I’ll be bending up the hard lines, & sorting out my fuel filter & the start to new fuel lines

Comment

just topping off some brake fluid when asked why removing the dash :D

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                  just topping off some brake fluid when asked why removing the dash :D
                  Thankfully there isn’t much in the dash aside from the cluster :rofl:

Will be like filling a diff when it comes to topping up the reservoir, it’s tight fit but the cap is removable. Next job is putting the glovebox lid back which is probably pointless but let’s it look standard

Comment

That 26 street relocation kit is a great idea. And I don't see why it would not work on left hand drive vehicles if everything was made as a mirrored copy.

I really like with you did with the valance. That is really sharp.
                    How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                      That 26 street relocation kit is a great idea. And I don't see why it would not work on left hand drive vehicles if everything was made as a mirrored copy.

I really like with you did with the valance. That is really sharp.
                      Issues for the LHD guys is it mounts where your steering column is, the upper column mounts is where the reinforcing mounts are for the 26street setup.

I'm really happy with the valance, I just need to work on a splitter for it & work out how best to mount it where it is somewhat easy to remove, with the motor in it sits too low to get in out out of the driveway/shed/or on a trailer.

Waiting on some brakeline fittings to finish the lines, so this past weekend made up some fuel line hoses with pushlock hose(e85 rated for future plans) & fitted up a new 100micron serviceable fuel filter.

Last edited by Anthony B; 05-12-2019, 03:16 PM. Reason: added photo

Comment

Made some good progress with the motor going back into the bay Friday just passed, had to make a couple of clearance spots to get to bell housing bolts(read massaged the firewall)

Getting bits together to build custom headers for the misery of RHD exhaust header clearance, & going to a single 2.5” from the cat back

Need to track down another alternator as I was going to rebuild mine but it’s too far gone to fix, getting some measurements for my new rad to be made which is more or less an e28 rad like I had but with alloy end tanks & AN outlets

Going to try wrap up the fuel side next with 370cc injectors & an adjustable fuel pressure reg
                        Last edited by Anthony B; 06-17-2019, 12:19 AM.

Comment

I love this car. Very interested to see how all the clearances work out. How big of a cam are you running?
                          Last edited by wworm; 06-17-2019, 09:09 AM.
                          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Using a catcam 294/294 it’s a “street cam” with about 9.2mm of lift, it’s a trial piece I have my on one from ppf in Sweden with 11.4mm of lift

Comment

1) It looks like you could run a small booster in-bay with the shorter trumpets!
                              2) Will you be running the new M30 ITB airbox?
                              1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                              1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Definitely could go a small booster & short trumpet, but then there is the runner/trumpet length to take into account for torque curves, I’m really impressed with the space I’ve got. I haven’t seen Rama post about the m30 itb box but if he does I’ll give it a try. If not I’ll be running them with socks to start(and making an airbox down the track)

Comment

Working...
                                X