Comment

Originally posted by Chris Spiegl View Post
      Bump to get this thread going again!

Here is an archived link to e30tech's thread:

https://web.archive.org/web/20141113...ad.php?t=33028
      Only page 1 or am I missing something?
      http://www.Drive4Corners.com

Comment

Would love to see this thread grow like it did on E30tech. I just recently ordered a whodwho PNP ecu and am excited to learn how to use it. Was hoping I could find some info in the old archived e30tech thread but like tschultz mentioned above I can only see two pages of the thread.

Comment

Anyone interested in learning about tuning i highly suggest checking out hpacedamy.com. some extremely good information there, I've been taking there classes probably about a year and it's been incredibly helpful.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
            Anyone interested in learning about tuning i highly suggest checking out hpacedamy.com. some extremely good information there, I've been taking there classes probably about a year and it's been incredibly helpful.
            That website isn't loading for me. Is it hpacademy.com ? Thanks for the link.

I just ordered a PNP from SSSquid and can't wait to get my hands on it. I have no previous experience with tuning at all, but squidmaster has been very helpful. I just bought TunerStudio MS and MegaLogViewer MS. I got a base map from DIYAutoTune for a turbo e30 and am using that as my base tune.
            1987 325is 2.8L Stroker Turbo "Little Pickle aka The Green Turbo Sled"

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Spiegl View Post
              That website isn't loading for me. Is it hpacademy.com ? Thanks for the link.

I just ordered a PNP from SSSquid and can't wait to get my hands on it. I have no previous experience with tuning at all, but squidmaster has been very helpful. I just bought TunerStudio MS and MegaLogViewer MS. I got a base map from DIYAutoTune for a turbo e30 and am using that as my base tune.
              Try searching high performance Academy on Google it should come right up. They have actual courses on there which can be a little bit of money but still worth It, or you can just become a member for like 20 bucks a month and then you get a watch there weekly videos and can talk to anyone on there furom and get actual answers from professional tuners. There live videos about a specific topic and usually about an hour long and you can go back and watch anyone of them at any time. They don't ever get into megasquirt itself but once you learn the software tuning is tuning no matter the ecu
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
                Try searching high performance Academy on Google it should come right up. They have actual courses on there which can be a little bit of money but still worth It, or you can just become a member for like 20 bucks a month and then you get a watch there weekly videos and can talk to anyone on there furom and get actual answers from professional tuners. There live videos about a specific topic and usually about an hour long and you can go back and watch anyone of them at any time. They don't ever get into megasquirt itself but once you learn the software tuning is tuning no matter the ecu
                Thanks! I checked it out and am going to watch the "Free Videos" they offer when I have some time.
                1987 325is 2.8L Stroker Turbo "Little Pickle aka The Green Turbo Sled"

Comment

/\ Same. Thanks for the info. Hopefully this takes off. All I can find is page 1 of the E30tech thread :/
                  sigpic
                  Project: 87' 325iS... 325iS
                  88 Alpine 325i
                  1/2 88 325iX

Comment

stock ix motor 885 head. ms2 n/a for now (stay tuned for twinscroll)

im pretty happy with how it runs. steve, or nomansland91 is helping me put together a quick spooling relatively low boost setup. power goal tentatively 250 whp.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Bumpski, let's get some more info on this thread. Anybody have m10 (turbo or NA) tables that I could use as a base?

90 M3 brilliantrot/schwarz
                      90 M5 brilliantrot/schwarz
                      87 325 alpinweiss/houndstooth (building)
                      90 735i/5 islandgrün-metallic/schwarz (daily)
                      87 Foxbody Notch 5.0 5spd SSP (other daily)
                      71 F-250 4x4 390 4spd

Comment

Originally posted by 2002tiiguy View Post
                        stock ix motor 885 head. ms2 n/a for now (stay tuned for twinscroll)

im pretty happy with how it runs. steve, or nomansland91 is helping me put together a quick spooling relatively low boost setup. power goal tentatively 250 whp.
                        I ran around with these numbers this morning (although I have greentop injectors) and I had to scale back every cell 15 points on the fuel table to run around at 12.9-13.0 at WOT. Just running your numbers as is gave me 10 at wot and cruise. Do you have an AFR gauge? What do you see?

Does anyone know how much of a difference going from 14.5lb to 17lb injectors make?
                        AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                          I ran around with these numbers this morning (although I have greentop injectors) and I had to scale back every cell 15 points on the fuel table to run around at 12.9-13.0 at WOT. Just running your numbers as is gave me 10 at wot and cruise. Do you have an AFR gauge? What do you see?

Does anyone know how much of a difference going from 14.5lb to 17lb injectors make?
                          Well... If I'm not making any gross logical errors, there's a 17% increase in fuel flow, which would change the measured AFR by 17% under ideal circumstances, and on top of that, there are differences in other parts of the tune which could change how large this effect is based your particular fuel delivery equation variables such as REQ_fuel error, injector dead time error, MAT/Baro correction error, number of pulses per cycle...

All good reasons to be careful when using other people's tables, even if your engines are exactly the same you never know how your fueling equation differs due to errors made by you or the other guy during tuning. There are less variables with timing but it's equally dangerous because if guy A has a larger trigger offset angle than guy B and guy B uses guy A's ignition table, the result could be pretty bad for the engine.
                          Last edited by varg; 04-22-2017, 11:49 AM.

IG @turbovarg
                          '91 318is, M20 turbo
                          [CoTM: 4-18]
                          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                          - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post

that was with m50 injectors installed, i had it set for 17 pounders cause thats what i thought i had, and i was running 13.2:1 WOT, now running green giants. ill post the new ve table soon

Comment

m20b25
                              ARP head studs
                              Holset H1C with 0.63AR turbine housing
                              38mm external gate recirculated w/ EBC at 12-13psi
                              3" turbo back to single magnaflow muffler
                              Wasted spark MSD Coils
                              36# injectors
                              94 octane no ethanol
                              afr under boost is 11.6-12.0

ignition table was setup on a mustang dyno and is considered conservative

Comment

Not that it makes a bit of difference, but rather than posting the VE tables, shouldn't we be looking at target AFR's? I have found that unless a drive train moved from one car to another the VE always needs a fair bit of tweaking.

Hopefully people aren't copy/pasting VE numbers into their ECU's. On the other hand, I have found that similar combinations require similar spark tables - albeit a "2.7i" with flat pistons/885 is no where near the same as a true seta 2.7. The flat pistons want more advance (showing less efficiency).
                                john@m20guru.com
                                Links:
                                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
                                X