Interest in 16x8 +20 Apex ARC-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interest in 16x8 +20 Apex ARC-8

How many of you would be interested if Apex Race Parts produced an ARC-8 somewhere in the range of 16x8 +20? I spoke to them and they are entertaining the idea at my request. Basically they would love to further serve our community if it is economically feasible. I think this would be a great wheel for the E30. I know a lot of people in the BMW world love the ARC-8 due to its awesome combination of beautiful design, quality, strength and low weight all at an affordable price point. They currently offer this wheel in a 17x8 +25 but I think many of you including myself find this fitment to be less than ideal in terms of aesthetics, weight and tire selection. It works great for certain applications but a 16x8 +20 would look more period correct and is a tried and true fitment for the E30 chassis that allows you to utilize 205/50/16 or 225/45/16 tires and retain the stock rolling diameter.

In

Comment

In

Comment

I also posted to the Facebook page. I can't believe how much more active that place is than the actual forum. Makes me feel old :-(. Anyway I think we're gaining some support for this idea.

Comment

Its also filled with children who ask silly questions that could be found with a simple search on the forum.

These technical sub-forums are not very active. Theres a group buy section in the classifieds that would probably get more traction. Id see if a mod can move this over there
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I would be super down. But remember 225/45r16 is limited selection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by E30335i View Post
              I would be super down. But remember 225/45r16 is limited selection
              You mean nearly extinct again.
              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                Its also filled with children who ask silly questions that could be found with a simple search on the forum.

These technical sub-forums are not very active. Theres a group buy section in the classifieds that would probably get more traction. Id see if a mod can move this over there
                You are very correct on both fronts. I'll see if I can have the thread moved.

Comment

So what's the latest on this? Is it happening still?

Comment

also interested. i was going to buy team dynamics 1.2s in the spring but i have only been able to find them in 16x7 which isn't gonna cut it

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012
                    IG: @mitchlikesbikes

Comment

Not happening. We drummed up interest from hundreds and Apex decided they weren't interested.

Comment

Working...
                      X