regular old m60 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jean View Post
    Mark every point of contact of chain with the sprockets, if you plan on removing it and don't have the timing tools.
    That's what I like to hear!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Comment

fyi i found the cam timing blocks for a very affordable price on amazon. like 80$ or something.

We're in deep now boys
      1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
      1988 340iL - Track car
      My M60 V8 swap thread here
      [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

You can borrow my set if you want , I have the $350 set that comes with m62tu vsnos tools and flywheel locker pin. Shipping is on you :)
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I've got the same budget M60 cam tool set. I'm about to re-time my cams next weekend, I'm inclined to get a dial indicator on the cam followers and degree wheel on the balancer so I'll know exactly where these blocks line up the cam timing...cause I'm a weirdo that would lose sleep not knowing.

Comment

My main problem was finding a perfectly accurate TDC when the motor was on the stand. I have a feeling ill end up retiming them once the car runs. I dont know if the TTV flywheel retains the locking pin hole.
            We're in deep now boys
            1988 340iL - Track car
            [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

It does not :/ I contacted them about it, maybe they will add.

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I did a thing this week. Modified my steering rack brackets to be lower down. This helps 2 ways as my oil pan was super close and I no longer need spacers for the z3 rack.

And i also made some quick reinforcements. Thinking back I could have made it prettier and with more material, but oh well

I also drilled and helicoiled a subframe bolt hole that has been keeping me from installing my front swaybar.

Hopefully it holds.

Comment

Ouch, chassis bolt hole repair is terrible. I thought i cross-threaded my control arm bushing threads once, i was so scared.
                  We're in deep now boys
                  1988 340iL - Track car
                  [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Originally posted by dasmanschaft012 View Post
                    Ouch, chassis bolt hole repair is terrible. I thought i cross-threaded my control arm bushing threads once, i was so scared.
                    Yeah i sheered it when i was installing my new (at the time) swaybars. it was THE last bolt i had to tighten and she snapped. Was shitty driving without swaybars. Definitely weird having a low car with stiff suspension, but what seemed like almost stock body roll.

Comment

Any updates on this so far?
                      Just Ain't Care. No really though.

Comment

She's back in, and runs. Had the starter wires mixed up at first but thay took 5 mins to troubleshoot, and when i went to bleed my slave cylinder again I guess I wasn't seated in the clutch fork because it exploded. New slave is in and I'm just waiting to bleed it and finish my exhaust.

Not sure how well my head gasket job went, I've only ran the Car for a total of maybe 60 seconds. Car smokes but I'm thinking it's just from the oil that got in the cylinders and not the gasket.

Comment

Congrats man ! Man, you are now 2nd or 3rd person who experienced the exploding slave ! Scary shit man.

Oh, I have that same ratchet ��

Comment

Congrats on getting it running!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                            Transaction feedback
                            - jpod999

Comment

long story short. my timing is off by a tooth or two and now i don't know what to do.

EDIT:
                              My evidence is that i'm running super rich and my compression is low (120-130 across all 8). Also, not sure if pertinent but my driver side spark plugs are cleanish with oil.

Comment

Man, I just wanted to say I admire you deeply.

I have literally read through your entire Thread this instant, for I am about to embark on a E30 M6X SWAP and am absorbing all the information I can get.

I do hope I get to see this Project finished and hear your opinion on the difference from your stock car to now... heheeee I'm sure you will have a massive grin on your face when this happens and you write down a reply, for that is the whole reason of doing such a project.

Funny enough I wanted to buy a 240Z, but due to the prices nowadays I chose to go the route of the E30 V8.

I wish you the best, and keep at it in life and in your hobbies, for sooner or later they will be hard to differentiate, for you will be so used to putting in much effort and not giving up, that all will seem simple when thinking about it for a moment.

Drive safe, and an my grandmother used to say, keep your pecker up!

Comment

Working...
                                X