Hey guys,

Specs:
    M60
    ZF320(v8 5spd, correct me if I'm wrong)
    TTV Flywheel(240mm clutch pack)
    E36 M3 Clutch
    E30 or E34 clutch slave
    Wilwood 5/8" MC

Have the engine(m60) and everything all ready to go but now my clutch slave does not seem to be hitting the fork. I have the TTV v8 flywheel that allows for the adaptation of the 240mm clutch packs which I purchased a E36 M3 clutch pack.

My question to you all is what clutch slave have you utilized with this kind of setup? Do I go for a E36 slave or E34 V8? I ordered the E34 V8 but thinking I may have to try the E36 too. Have to vacate my rented garage by friday!

Thanks in advance

In for answers!
    M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

I have TTV F’whl w. E36 clutch
      Slave cyl = D=20,20MM 21526775924 For 1994 530I 5spd
      Real OEM also shows it for E36 --- not for E30

I also used the ¾” bore cyl for the clutch and 2ea -5/8” for brakes
      Bleeding can be a pain+ +. pressure bleed system from top or from slave cyl end. Not sure where you have the reservoir mounted but the reservoir and hose should be higher than the inlet
      to the master cyl. If possible. The 5/8” dia master cyl may not move enough fluid per stroke in relation to what the slave needs
      If you still have the stk clutch stop on interior floor remove it. I needed all the travel I could get with wildwood pedal assy/garagistic bracket.
      So bleed and re bleed…
      Last edited by 36brua; 05-03-2016, 09:23 AM.
      My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

So last night we rebled the clutch slave & made sure it in fact was a E34 530i clutch slave, which it was.. We also adjusted the Wilwood pedal a bit and felt way luckier because we actually got pressure in the pedal this time but still no effing engagement of the clutch. I am going to see if the extra master cyl I have is 3/4 because if it is, I am going to try and swap the other one out for it. I believe it already is a 3/4" line though because I remember I ordered 2x 3/4 for the brakes not knowing I needed 3, so I just had to order up 2x more 5/8" for the brakes. If this does not work, what the heck could it be?? We mounted the reservoirs in the engine bay attached to the power steering reservoir so it in fact is higher than the master.

Anyone else who can chime in please do, this needs to be resolved asap.
        Last edited by csm-e30; 05-04-2016, 04:54 AM. Reason: story

Comment

Changed master cylinder to 3/4" and still no dice. Duh fuq

Comment

Did you replace the old rubber clutch line ? Possibly blocked?
            Disconnect that line from the slave cyl. Fluid should drain out
            Make sure all fitting connections are tight and not suckingg air into system
            The throwout arm still attached to the pivot?
            My CA legal M60 swap

Comment

Everything has been replaced other than the TTV flywheel and M3 clutch setup. This is the pits. 5 weeks of no resolve. I will pay someone to get this MFer working. Live in South Jersey 30 mins east of Philadelphia. PM me asap

Comment

Not to beat a dead horse ... did you use a pressure / vacuum bleeder? or manually pump/hold etc
                My CA legal M60 swap

Comment

We've reverse bled, pump & pump/hold, no air in the lines or anything when we bleed.

Comment

No solution for this? how many people on here have this setup??
                    M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

I Have this

M60B40 with 5 speed
                      TTV fly
                      S50 Pressure plate spaced 3mm from the fw to accomodate thicker clutch plate
                      E34 M5 clutch plate
                      The e34 530 clutch slave (Which belongs to the trans)
                      Stock e30 clutch master

No issues, but without the spacers the clutch wouldn't disengage.

Also, when bleeding a clutch, take out and depress the slave cylinder all the way and keep it with a c-clamp or something. So there cant be any air left in it.

I'm sure I could figure your issue out but unfortunately im on another continent
                      Euro car and parts export business based in the Netherlands, specialized in E30 Tourings!

Instagram: @garage30_ WWW.GARAGE30.NL

Comment

How did you space this 3mm? I think this 3mm would drastically help as the clutch seems to start hitting at like 1/2-3/4 on the pedal side.

Originally posted by Garage30 View Post
                        I Have this

M60B40 with 5 speed
                        TTV fly
                        S50 Pressure plate spaced 3mm from the fw to accomodate thicker clutch plate
                        E34 M5 clutch plate
                        The e34 530 clutch slave (Which belongs to the trans)
                        Stock e30 clutch master

No issues, but without the spacers the clutch wouldn't disengage.

Also, when bleeding a clutch, take out and depress the slave cylinder all the way and keep it with a c-clamp or something. So there cant be any air left in it.

I'm sure I could figure your issue out but unfortunately im on another continent

Comment

I am also using e34 530i 5 speed trans , its a zf310 iirc
                          Along with ttv flywheel and s52 clutch kit
                          My master is 3/4 and slave is e34 530i

I did not have to add any spacers and my clutch engages and disengages without any issues , the disengagement point is about 1.5" down the pedal from the initial starting point .

I think we need to think about the master cylinder rods and pedal adjustment on how it's configured as I am sure we are all using different locations since our results aren't all the same .
                          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I'm having major issues bleeding my clutch if anyone has any insight. I exploded a slave today, I think from too much pressure in my Motive pressure bleeder. Theres no leaks, im on my second slave cylinder. I have basically 0 pedal pressure except the last ~2inches of pedal travel, it gets stiff. 2 person bleeding makes it worse (no pedal pressure at all) and just pressure bleeding with the Motive gets me that little bit of pressure. The system seems to bleed ok visually, but I'm never getting any pressure. I haven't found any leaks with the Garagistic pedal set up.

e34 530i 5 speed trans
                            ttv flywheel
                            Southbend S52 stage 2 clutch
                            Willwood 3/4" master
                            e34 530i slave
                            We're in deep now boys
                            1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
                            1988 340iL - Track car
                            My M60 V8 swap thread here
                            [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

My clutch works now! Def not a bleeding problem with the clutch, I pulled my pedal all the way apart, adjusted the clutch closer to what Jean's looked like and after a quick bleed the clutch will disengage now. Jean's pedal is about 6.5" from the firewall, mine was about 4.5". Jean followed the Tilton video on how to set the pedal up. it takes a good amount of effort to push the clutch all the way down, but the clutch disengages enough to shift about 2-3" off the firewall. i may need more master bleeding, or another round of pedal adjustment. Thanks for everyone's help.
                              We're in deep now boys
                              1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
                              1988 340iL - Track car
                              My M60 V8 swap thread here
                              [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Working...
                              X