No announcement yet.

E30ls1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Already going to rip apart the rear end and replace everything. Got one of those weld in reinforcement kits to put on. Should be good.

Comment

$20 bucks Shiboujin will have another e30 within 6 months.
      e30Ls1 Swap IG: 1dirty30

Comment

Unless someone found me a running 325 late model manual for $500 or less, I doubt it.

Comment

Today I hit 2000 miles

Comment

Those seats
            First e30 - 1991 318i 4 door

Comment

Wow, just finished reading your entire build thread, what a painful process but a sweet end result. Car looks sick, how do you like LS swap so far? I've done two 24v swaps myself (m50nv into 1990 4 door and s52 in my current '89 325is).
              I would like to do something similar, maybe ls2 or ls6... anyways, appreciate you taking the time making this thread, so people who are interested, can learn from it. I might have questions in the future, never know... my name is Paul btw.
              Enjoy her, I'm sure it's a blast!
              "i love vee tek, its a wonderful sound when you driving right by it"

If you bought anything from me, please leave a feedback here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ghlight=drulle

Comment

Originally posted by drulle View Post
                Wow, just finished reading your entire build thread, what a painful process but a sweet end result. Car looks sick, how do you like LS swap so far? I've done two 24v swaps myself (m50nv into 1990 4 door and s52 in my current '89 325is).
                I would like to do something similar, maybe ls2 or ls6... anyways, appreciate you taking the time making this thread, so people who are interested, can learn from it. I might have questions in the future, never know... my name is Paul btw.
                Enjoy her, I'm sure it's a blast!

Thank you! honestly it's a blast, but I spent wayyyy to much money on it. For half the money I could've built a turbo m5x and been happier with more power lol. Other then that, the way people look at it and love it makes me happy. Everybody asks questions about it and just loves the way it sounds. Thank you for reading it and just let me know how I can help!
                PS. Deff go bigger than an ls1.

Comment

2400 miles on her as of today.

Comment

nice man! Just wondering, what's the gas mileage like?
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd
                    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by Reyhan335 View Post

2400 miles on her as of today.
                      How many sets of tires have you gone through?

Comment

Lol with these wheels i don't do anything crazy. I honestly just drive it on Sundays to our meets. Mpg idk honesty I never look at it because I rarely drive it and have to fill it up

Comment

Were you able to keep your heater core hooked up with the swap? I just watched the Sikky video on YT where they pulled the whole heater valve out for clearance.
                          1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                          1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                            Were you able to keep your heater core hooked up with the swap? I just watched the Sikky video on YT where they pulled the whole heater valve out for clearance.

That's weird. It was a really right fit but I had 90 degree lines made to make it clear

Comment

Lol with these wheels i don't do anything crazy. I honestly just drive it on Sundays to our meets. Mpg idk honesty I never look at it because I rarely drive it and have to fill it up
                              Why have a 6 speed and an LS1 if you're not going to do anything crazy? Fry some tires and shit

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012
                              IG: @mitchlikesbikes

Comment

That's weird. It was a really right fit but I had 90 degree lines made to make it clear
                                That makes me happy to hear. I've been following their video series for the "E30 LS Turn Key Swap" and a lot of their work is kinda trashy haha. Amazing products nonetheless. They used self tapping screws to mount their fpr unit and just "self tapped" them right beside the strut tower.

But I *think* their mounts may sit further back than yours, because they really hammered the firewall hard for fitment which may explain the heater valve removal.

I was just watching thinking that I'd never remove heat on a high dollar swap like that.
                                1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                                1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X