No announcement yet.

Wow the Artic Freeze is here!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if I get enough iodine in my diet, I wasn't actually aware that is a thing. My income is sufficiently low that eating right and accessing healthcare can be a challenge.

If any of the areas a little north of me get snow this year I'm gonna go check it out just for nostalgia, I haven't seen snow up close in years. No evidence my E30 has ever been exposed to the stuff.
    sigpic
    1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

Well in general, in western diets its not that big of concern since its in your table salt, but if you avoid salt and what not you can have issues getting enough in your diet.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Good luck sleeve, it's snowing in NJ right now too, but not nearly at the rate you're seeing, we'll see a few inches today/tonight, nothing major.

Comment

Wow that was a ton of snow combined with the wind made it worse and this weekend the temps will be in the -15 range before wind chills.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Yeah, this weather is truly terrible. Will be in negative digits each night for the next 3-4 supposedly. The wind is the worst though, just cuts through you regardless of how many layers you're wearing.

Comment

It's even making it's way down here. 30's and 40's is cold for this far south. Bays are freezing in northern parts of FL. One of my kids go to FSU and had a thin layer of snow/ice covering the car this morning.
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:
              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Yeah I am a bit freaked about what my heating bill is going to be as I have the heat in in my garage as well. Granted it's set at 40 degrees and the house is at 65.

Comment

It will undoubtedly be high, but it's one of things that is what it is. I'm not going to freeze to death in my own house so pay up I will. Last month was ~$190, I'm expecting somewhere close to $300, it seems as though the furnace isn't off for more than five minutes lately.

Comment

at least the bum population drops with the temps.

Comment

My gas and electric was 105 last month and I had the garage furnace on then too so expecting it too be about 140 this month. I have had a lot of company over the holidays and sorts so the extra showers and dish and cooking has raised gas usage.

Agreed I am not gonna freeze but I am not above wearing long sleeves and pants in the house vs some that might wear shorts and a t-shirt. 65 is a good temperature for me.

Comment

I would love to have y'all's electric bills! Shop bill goes as much as $170 in the summer (big fans running) and was $105 last month. I don't think I have seen under a $300 electric bill in at least 15yr. Four kids = lots of laundry, hot water and FL requires A/C about 360 days a year.
                        john@m20guru.com
                        Links:
                        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                          My gas and electric was 105 last month and I had the garage furnace on then too so expecting it too be about 140 this month. I have had a lot of company over the holidays and sorts so the extra showers and dish and cooking has raised gas usage.

Agreed I am not gonna freeze but I am not above wearing long sleeves and pants in the house vs some that might wear shorts and a t-shirt. 65 is a good temperature for me.
                          Yep, I do the same thing, layers until it warms up!

Comment

They don't run natural gas in my area, so my choices are the existing electric baseboards or the 2 woodstoves in the house. We had to run electric heat one of the first winter months we were in this house, and the electric bill was ~$740. Needless to say I heat primarily with wood after that. I've been burning through a ton of wood though lately with the temps around here.
                            Originally posted by LJ851
                            I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
                              They don't run natural gas in my area, so my choices are the existing electric baseboards or the 2 woodstoves in the house. We had to run electric heat one of the first winter months we were in this house, and the electric bill was ~$740. Needless to say I heat primarily with wood after that. I've been burning through a ton of wood though lately with the temps around here.
                              My parents live on 10 acres of forrest and chop all their own firewood and solely heat the house with wood. They've been doing that for over 30 years, and now the insurance companies want to force them to stop due to the 'risk' of a wood burning fireplace.

Needless to say my dad is pissed and digging his heels in.
                              Steve • Toronto
                              1991 318is • Brillantrot
                              Build Thread

Comment

The ins. companies are cracking down on fireplaces now? Talk about a fucking nanny state.

My parents also live on 10 acres and heat their house with wood, and I know my dad would have a fucking fit if someone said he couldn't do it anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X