1990 E30 325i Steering Wheel Cover Loose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 E30 325i Steering Wheel Cover Loose

I have a 1990 BMW E30 325i 4 door sedan. The steering wheel is the original. The rubber cover on the steering wheel is loose on the upper section and rotates about the inner ring.

I assume that the bond inside has aged and the outer rubber cover has detached from the wheel's inner ring. If anyone has experience with this and can offer advise on fixes, I would appreciate the information.

I have been thinking about injecting rubber cement or epoxy through the outer rubber cover in the detached areas. The hope is that the bond to the inner ring can be re-established. Any suggestions on this approach would be very helpful.

Any and all comments on this issue are greatly appreciated.

mine is the same here and there on the wheel... i try not to white knuckle it too much so it doesn't bother me that much... lol
    i am looking for a new wheel...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '90 325i sedan daily driven
    '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by chomowitz View Post
      I have a 1990 BMW E30 325i 4 door sedan. The steering wheel is the original. The rubber cover on the steering wheel is loose on the upper section and rotates about the inner ring.

I assume that the bond inside has aged and the outer rubber cover has detached from the wheel's inner ring. If anyone has experience with this and can offer advise on fixes, I would appreciate the information.

I have been thinking about injecting rubber cement or epoxy through the outer rubber cover in the detached areas. The hope is that the bond to the inner ring can be re-established. Any suggestions on this approach would be very helpful.

Any and all comments on this issue are greatly appreciated.
      Not sure how to fix them but there are a few people on this board who can rewrap them anyway you want.
      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

If you have the boring 4-spoke steering wheel in your car, now might be a good time to upgrade to a 3 spoke.
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Working...
        X