87 325is project: On-the-cheap track car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blue55 View Post
    I'm building out an e30 for ChumpCar. Which Summit Racing radiator did you use? Did you have to make custom brackets?

Thanks!
    I did make and weld some custom brackets

Something like this, not sure exactly
    Free Shipping - Summit Racing™ Universal Fit Aluminum Radiators with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Radiators at Summit Racing.

Comment

^make sure you have an early coolant system like the OP, or that's not going to work very well with the coolant ports the other way around.
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Update, I just painted my E30 and I'm building a 3.0 stroker :)
        I've done a couple track days since the last update and the motor is getting tired. I still drive it to work occasionally.
        I started to hate how the car looked with the peeling clear coat and decided to do a 'quick' scuff and spray. It never works out to be 'quick' though does it? What it looked like

Patching rust holes

After many many many hours of sanding and bondo and welding, all sanded with 220grit and cleaned

Hit it with high-build polyester primer

Block sand primer on whole car with 220 then 320

Shoot a gallon of single stage acrylic enamel. Hope you can get 3 coats out of a gallon but barely get 2... also use the wrong reducer and make the paint go on super dry and ruin your hard work :(

http://imgur.com/a/2Qh7L It doesn't look great, but it works for a track car. Will maybe wet sand if I feel like it later. It should look awesome for the 5 or 6 straight weekends of really hard work me and my friend put in. But then again I did shoot it on the side of my house without a booth and with few skills :)
        Last edited by aventari; 06-08-2017, 09:56 PM.

Comment

This looks fantastic! Awesome job!
          ChumpCar and 24 Hours of Lemons racer. Subscribe to YouTube channel with my E30 race build, 1M and 280hp Nissan 240SX track build in progress.
          http://www.revmatch.tv

Comment

Thanks! I wasn't sure about the green stripes under the doors but I think they came out OK

Comment

Working...
            X