Trump’s reelection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
    It's clear you have more issues than National Geographic has issued magazines!
    Oh ok dude. Cool story bro

Comment

Yup, all immigrants are bad.

‘Spider-Man,’ a Migrant in Paris, Scales Building to Save a Child

PARIS — The 4-year-old boy seemed to be suspended from a balcony. An adult standing nearby seemed powerless to help. Disaster seemed the only possible outcome.

Then, to the nimble rescue on the streets of Paris on Saturday evening, came a young man whom some French people have started to call the Spider-Man of the 18th, referring to the area of Paris where the episode unfolded.

With a combination of grit, agility and muscle, the man hauled himself hand over hand from one balcony to another, springing from one parapet to grasp the next one up. A crowd that had gathered before he began his daring exploit urged him ever upward, according to onlookers’ video that was shared widely on social media.

Finally, after scaling four balconies, the man reached the child and pulled him to safety. And suddenly, an act of individual courage and resourcefulness began to play into Europe’s fraught and polarized debate about outsiders, immigrants and refugees.

The man, identified as Mamoudou Gassama, 22, is a migrant from Mali, a troubled former French colony in northwest Africa, who said he had journeyed through Burkina Faso, Niger and Libya before making the dangerous Mediterranean Sea crossing to Italy and arriving in France in September.

Mr. Gassama had yearned to secure the requisite documentation to live legally in France, and his dream came true on Monday after a meeting with President Emmanuel Macron.

“I told him that in recognition of his heroic act he would have his papers in order as quickly as possible,” Mr. Macron said in a statement on Facebook after meeting with Mr. Gassama at the Élysée Palace in Paris.

Mr. Gassama will be one of a lucky few. In 2017, only five people were granted residency papers for “exceptional talent” or “services rendered to the community,” according to statistics from the French Interior Ministry. In 2016, there were six.

Sitting across from Mr. Macron in one of the palace’s many gilded rooms, Mr. Gassama, wearing jeans and a short-sleeved shirt, told the French president about the rescue. “Bravo,” Mr. Macron said, as the two men sat before TV cameras.

Mr. Macron said in his statement that the Paris firefighters were “eager to welcome” Mr. Gassama into their ranks. He added that he had “invited” Mr. Gassama to apply for French citizenship, “because France is built on desire, and Mr. Gassama’s commitment clearly showed that he has that desire.”

Still, the rescue came amid a tightening of France’s immigration policy, and the French president was quick to clarify that Mr. Gassama was an exception, not the rule. Mr. Macron defeated the anti-immigration far-right leader Marine Le Pen in presidential elections last year, but immigration is still a deeply divisive issue.

A sprawling migrant camp near the northern city of Calais was dismantled in 2016, but hundreds of Afghans, Eritreans and Ethiopians continue to gather there in hopes of reaching Britain. In Paris, makeshift encampments of migrants under bridges and in parks are regularly evacuated by the police, only to grow again.

Mr. Macron has taken a tough approach. Parliament has been discussing a draft law put forward by the French government that restricts the rights of asylum seekers, a measure that has drawn fierce criticism from human rights groups.

Mr. Macron has said repeatedly that France could welcome only those with legitimate grounds for asylum, a point he reiterated in his meeting with Mr. Gassama, according to Agence France-Presse.

“When they are in danger, we give asylum, but not for economic reasons,” Mr. Macron said of immigrants, according to the news agency. “But in your case, you did something exceptional.”

“An exceptional act does not make a policy,” Mr. Macron later told journalists at the Élysée, the news agency reported.

Some criticized the government for praising Mr. Gassama while pushing a hard line on immigration.

“I admire the bravery of Mamoudou Gassama,” said Raphaël Glucksmann, the managing editor of a left-leaning literary review, in a post on Facebook. “And I dream of a country where it wouldn’t be necessary to scale a building to save the life of a child, at the risk of one’s own life, to be treated like a human being when you are a migrant.”

This was not the first time in recent years that France celebrated an immigrant’s heroism. In January 2015, a 24-year-old named Lassana Bathily was widely praised after he hid customers in a cold-storage room after a gunman attacked a kosher supermarket near the Porte de Vincennes, in eastern Paris.

As France struggled to cope with the terrorist attacks at the supermarket and at the offices of the satirical news weekly Charlie Hebdo, his actions provided much needed solace. Mr. Bathily, a Muslim from Mali, was granted French citizenship later that month, and he currently works at Paris City Hall.

Mr. Gassama’s meeting with Mr. Macron came after the mayor of Paris, Anne Hidalgo, called to thank him for his “act of bravery.”

“He explained to me that he had arrived from Mali a few months ago, dreaming of building his life here,” the mayor said on Twitter. “I told him that his heroic act is an example to all citizens and that the city of Paris will obviously be very keen to support him in his efforts to settle in France.”

Even Ms. Le Pen’s National Front party offered to support Mr. Gassama’s bid for residency — but only in return for the expulsion of all the other migrants living in France without official consent.

The circumstances that led to Mr. Gassama’s heroic actions became clearer on Monday, after it became known that the boy’s father had been taken into police custody the previous day and an investigation had been opened for “failure to meet parental obligations,” a charge that carries a sentence of up to two years in prison.

François Molins, the Paris prosecutor, said in an interview with the news channel BFM TV that the father had been released pending trial, and that the boy’s mother had not been in Paris at the time of the episode.

The father had gone grocery shopping, Mr. Molins said, but had taken a long time to return home because he had decided to play the smartphone game Pokémon Go as he was leaving the store.

“He is devastated because he realizes what he did, and the tragic consequences that it could have led to,” Mr. Molins said.

As for Mr. Gassama, he told the newspaper Le Parisien that he was with his girlfriend and wanted to go watch the Champions League soccer final Saturday evening when he came across a commotion around 8 p.m.

“I saw all these people shouting, and cars sounding their horns,” he said. “So I crossed the road to go save him.”

“I felt afraid when I saved the child,” he said, according to French news reports. “I started to shake, I could hardly stand up. I had to sit down.”

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Yup, all immigrants are bad.

‘Spider-Man,’ a Migrant in Paris, Scales Building to Save a Child

PARIS — The 4-year-old boy seemed to be suspended from a balcony. An adult standing nearby seemed powerless to help. Disaster seemed the only possible outcome.

Then, to the nimble rescue on the streets of Paris on Saturday evening, came a young man whom some French people have started to call the Spider-Man of the 18th, referring to the area of Paris where the episode unfolded.

With a combination of grit, agility and muscle, the man hauled himself hand over hand from one balcony to another, springing from one parapet to grasp the next one up. A crowd that had gathered before he began his daring exploit urged him ever upward, according to onlookers’ video that was shared widely on social media.

Finally, after scaling four balconies, the man reached the child and pulled him to safety. And suddenly, an act of individual courage and resourcefulness began to play into Europe’s fraught and polarized debate about outsiders, immigrants and refugees.

The man, identified as Mamoudou Gassama, 22, is a migrant from Mali, a troubled former French colony in northwest Africa, who said he had journeyed through Burkina Faso, Niger and Libya before making the dangerous Mediterranean Sea crossing to Italy and arriving in France in September.

Mr. Gassama had yearned to secure the requisite documentation to live legally in France, and his dream came true on Monday after a meeting with President Emmanuel Macron.

“I told him that in recognition of his heroic act he would have his papers in order as quickly as possible,” Mr. Macron said in a statement on Facebook after meeting with Mr. Gassama at the Élysée Palace in Paris.

Mr. Gassama will be one of a lucky few. In 2017, only five people were granted residency papers for “exceptional talent” or “services rendered to the community,” according to statistics from the French Interior Ministry. In 2016, there were six.

Sitting across from Mr. Macron in one of the palace’s many gilded rooms, Mr. Gassama, wearing jeans and a short-sleeved shirt, told the French president about the rescue. “Bravo,” Mr. Macron said, as the two men sat before TV cameras.

Mr. Macron said in his statement that the Paris firefighters were “eager to welcome” Mr. Gassama into their ranks. He added that he had “invited” Mr. Gassama to apply for French citizenship, “because France is built on desire, and Mr. Gassama’s commitment clearly showed that he has that desire.”

Still, the rescue came amid a tightening of France’s immigration policy, and the French president was quick to clarify that Mr. Gassama was an exception, not the rule. Mr. Macron defeated the anti-immigration far-right leader Marine Le Pen in presidential elections last year, but immigration is still a deeply divisive issue.

A sprawling migrant camp near the northern city of Calais was dismantled in 2016, but hundreds of Afghans, Eritreans and Ethiopians continue to gather there in hopes of reaching Britain. In Paris, makeshift encampments of migrants under bridges and in parks are regularly evacuated by the police, only to grow again.

Mr. Macron has taken a tough approach. Parliament has been discussing a draft law put forward by the French government that restricts the rights of asylum seekers, a measure that has drawn fierce criticism from human rights groups.

Mr. Macron has said repeatedly that France could welcome only those with legitimate grounds for asylum, a point he reiterated in his meeting with Mr. Gassama, according to Agence France-Presse.

“When they are in danger, we give asylum, but not for economic reasons,” Mr. Macron said of immigrants, according to the news agency. “But in your case, you did something exceptional.”

“An exceptional act does not make a policy,” Mr. Macron later told journalists at the Élysée, the news agency reported.

Some criticized the government for praising Mr. Gassama while pushing a hard line on immigration.

“I admire the bravery of Mamoudou Gassama,” said Raphaël Glucksmann, the managing editor of a left-leaning literary review, in a post on Facebook. “And I dream of a country where it wouldn’t be necessary to scale a building to save the life of a child, at the risk of one’s own life, to be treated like a human being when you are a migrant.”

This was not the first time in recent years that France celebrated an immigrant’s heroism. In January 2015, a 24-year-old named Lassana Bathily was widely praised after he hid customers in a cold-storage room after a gunman attacked a kosher supermarket near the Porte de Vincennes, in eastern Paris.

As France struggled to cope with the terrorist attacks at the supermarket and at the offices of the satirical news weekly Charlie Hebdo, his actions provided much needed solace. Mr. Bathily, a Muslim from Mali, was granted French citizenship later that month, and he currently works at Paris City Hall.

Mr. Gassama’s meeting with Mr. Macron came after the mayor of Paris, Anne Hidalgo, called to thank him for his “act of bravery.”

“He explained to me that he had arrived from Mali a few months ago, dreaming of building his life here,” the mayor said on Twitter. “I told him that his heroic act is an example to all citizens and that the city of Paris will obviously be very keen to support him in his efforts to settle in France.”

Even Ms. Le Pen’s National Front party offered to support Mr. Gassama’s bid for residency — but only in return for the expulsion of all the other migrants living in France without official consent.

The circumstances that led to Mr. Gassama’s heroic actions became clearer on Monday, after it became known that the boy’s father had been taken into police custody the previous day and an investigation had been opened for “failure to meet parental obligations,” a charge that carries a sentence of up to two years in prison.

François Molins, the Paris prosecutor, said in an interview with the news channel BFM TV that the father had been released pending trial, and that the boy’s mother had not been in Paris at the time of the episode.

The father had gone grocery shopping, Mr. Molins said, but had taken a long time to return home because he had decided to play the smartphone game Pokémon Go as he was leaving the store.

“He is devastated because he realizes what he did, and the tragic consequences that it could have led to,” Mr. Molins said.

As for Mr. Gassama, he told the newspaper Le Parisien that he was with his girlfriend and wanted to go watch the Champions League soccer final Saturday evening when he came across a commotion around 8 p.m.

“I saw all these people shouting, and cars sounding their horns,” he said. “So I crossed the road to go save him.”

“I felt afraid when I saved the child,” he said, according to French news reports. “I started to shake, I could hardly stand up. I had to sit down.”
        I know it's very very hard for you to understand such a simple concept but.....we dont want illegals here, if you come here the right way, you're more than welcome to move here. The left has this funny way with wording to blur 2 things into 1. When they do that, they over time make the simple minded so misguided that they dont understand the difference. Now here we are today, people thinking the right doesn't want anyone coming in.

Looks like it worked didnt it?

I actually read some of that, yes we are aware that hes illegal, doing a good thing doesn't change that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
          I know it's very very hard for you to understand such a simple concept but.....we dont want illegals here, if you come here the right way, you're more than welcome to move here. The left has this funny way with wording to blur 2 things into 1. When they do that, they over time make the simple minded so misguided that they dont understand the difference. Now here we are today, people thinking the right doesn't want anyone coming in.

Who is this we?

Spoken like a triggered right wing wingnut.

When have I said I want illegal immigrants?

Also, what worked? My triggering you? er yup, chief.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Who is this we?

Spoken like a triggered right wing wingnut.

When have I said I want illegal immigrants?

Also, what worked? My triggering you? er yup, chief.
            This country...not the nutcase lefties

Not triggered at all.

Comment

This country...not the nutcase lefties

Not triggered at all.
              Where do you do your standup comedy? You funny.

Comment

I actually read some of that, yes we are aware that hes illegal, doing a good thing doesn't change that.
                I'm going to argue that the difficulty of coming legally is what often drives people to be in the US illegally.

I just did some research and according to the American Immigration Council, it's much easier to get into the country if you already have relatives here (440,000 or so immigrants per year are accepted this way), whereas if you have no family connections and are coming with just your employment skills in tow, you have to be one of 140,000, of which only 5,000 are unskilled laborers (which I imagine are many of the illegal immigrants people rant about). There are also asylum seekers that get let in but that's not really relevant here.

So if you have no family in the US and you don't have an advanced degree or some extraordinary skill, you need to be one of the 5,000 out of nearly 600,000 immigrants that are allowed to move here legally each year, that gives you a 1 in 120 chance of getting in legally.

I'm not saying it's right to be here illegally, all I'm saying is that when presented with the numbers, you can understand why people choose to come here illegally, get paid more under the table than they would above board in their prior jobs, and probably live better lives than they would have otherwise. The difficulty of getting in but the benefits of doing so force people to make decisions that aren't law abiding. Is it right, certainly not, but at least it is understandable.

Beyond that, I'd say that it is also easy to blur racism into the idea of illegal immigration. There are plenty of people that don't like illegal immigrants from a law standpoint, however, the right's view in particular, has been tainted by people that speak out about illegal immigration because they are in fact racists. They don't want illegal immigrants not because it's against the law but because they don't want hispanics in the country at all. This is a minority population, however, to say that this viewpoint doesn't exist is to ignore a reality, which is why the two have been blurred into one. The entire border wall on the Mexican border in a way proves this. As I've mentioned before, there are more illegal immigrants from countries in the Eastern Hemisphere than there are from the Western Hemisphere (5.4m vs 5.7m).

It's also a shame that the left has allowed that blurring to happen because it limits their ability to compromise on the issue for fear of it appearing as though they, too, are racist.

Comment

What happened to the Blue Wave coming our way this November?

Pelosi and Waters along with the Marxist/socialist Ocasio-Cortez from New York are the face of the Democrat party. Good luck with appealing to independent swing voters. Let's hope mad Maxine keeps yappin.

and now Kennedy has announced his retirement from the Supreme Court giving apathetic Republican voters a reason to vote.
                  “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                  Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

^

While I tend to agree with the assessment of "WTF HRC didnt win and Bernie did good, so lets go further left" as the new head of the blue's. is laughable to those that think like we do.

That said look at the up coming new voters, and those on the far left fringes. Abolishing ICE and "inhumane treatment" of criminals is a big issue to them, Free healthcare is a big one to them especially the youngins since health insurance is expensive and not inculded with a part time job at the local coffee shop .... College is expensive too so that should be free since my degree in art history only gets me a part time job as a barista I should not have to pay that bill either.

These new blues are running on the life is not fair so it should all be free platform it seems.
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      ^

While I tend to agree with the assessment of "WTF HRC didnt win and Bernie did good, so lets go further left" as the new head of the blue's. is laughable to those that think like we do.

That said look at the up coming new voters, and those on the far left fringes. Abolishing ICE and "inhumane treatment" of criminals is a big issue to them, Free healthcare is a big one to them especially the youngins since health insurance is expensive and not inculded with a part time job at the local coffee shop .... College is expensive too so that should be free since my degree in art history only gets me a part time job as a barista I should not have to pay that bill either.

These new blues are running on the life is not fair so it should all be free platform it seems.
                      While I do not disagree with the take care of me free millennial life mantra, I find it funny you talking about their unfair whining (which they do) when Trump who was born on third, has had every advantage & gotten away with more than anyone has a right to get away with is constantly whining about how unfairly HE is treated.

Comment

Im kind of annoyed the 'millennials just want handouts' meme hasn't died.

Its basically just old people and middle aged people falling victim to the whole 'tell a poor white hes better than a black man' meme but for generations.

Tell an old fuck he had it harder than this generation, ignoring the guaranteed SS, Medicare, 65 Retirement, Plentiful jobs not needing a degree...

I can go on.
                        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                        willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                          As am I. All millennials are not lefties. And all millennials are certainly not lazy. The left is made of all generations... as is the right. This idea that millennials are lazy is just another distracting talking point.

Our politicians are corrupt. Both sides. Just this week a Dem from California gutted the state's new Net Neutrality bill the day before it was to be voted on. He was paid $45,000 by AT&T... and his charity was gifted another $750,000. Ajit Pai is bought and paid for, and is smug about it. No one can touch these assholes. At least a local Dem is (Uresti) is getting jail time for a ponzi scheme... among other things. Score one for the people I suppose.

Do I think the Dems are the best thing since sliced bread? Hell no. But I do think they would do less damage than is currently being done by Trump and the Rep party. Now we have a new SC nomination? Good bye Roe v Wade, gay marriage... and who the hell knows what else.
                          "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                          -----------------------------------------
                          91 318is Turbo Sold
                          87 325 Daily driver Sold
                          06 4.8is X5
                          06 Mtec X3
                          05 4.4i X5 Sold
                          92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                          90 325i Sold
                          97 328is Sold
                          01 323ci Sold
                          92 325i Sold
                          83 528e Totaled
                          98 328i Sold
                          93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                            As am I. All millennials are not lefties. And all millennials are certainly not lazy. The left is made of all generations... as is the right. This idea that millennials are lazy is just another distracting talking point.

Our politicians are corrupt. Both sides. Just this week a Dem from California gutted the state's new Net Neutrality bill the day before it was to be voted on. He was paid $45,000 by AT&T... and his charity was gifted another $750,000. Ajit Pai is bought and paid for, and is smug about it. No one can touch these assholes. At least a local Dem is (Uresti) is getting jail time for a ponzi scheme... among other things. Score one for the people I suppose.

Do I think the Dems are the best thing since sliced bread? Hell no. But I do think they would do less damage than is currently being done by Trump and the Rep party. Now we have a new SC nomination? Good bye Roe v Wade, gay marriage... and who the hell knows what else.
                            That is where i am at. I am more of a centrist, fiscally republican (until lately) and socially dem, but I mostly voted Rep because the last few didnt do much to hurt social side.

That being said I am driven more and more left, not because I am a liberal or even a Democrat but the Republicans have completely lost their mind and back bone and are just a party of whatever Trump wants to do. You have a few standouts

Unlike others on this thread though I am worried about what the House/Senate and President will look like. I feel like Dems are running on the wrong platform and not really changing the minds of people who got Trump elected last time. The gerrymandering isnt helping them either. And while they are playing the same obstructionist game good old boy Mitch played in the O years it is coming off worse in the press then when the Rep did it.

I don't think the blue wave will have it as easy as they think. Listening to Trump voters on several different outlets it doesn't matter what he says or does he is right, and half of them don't even know why. Especially that this most recent tax cut took one of our only recessionary stimulus away in a time when there is no recession.

Out of all the good and bad things we have done as a country, with both good and bad leaders, I dont know if I have ever been more concerned for our Democracy then I am right now.

And its not the policy that concerns me (while it is concerning) its the division, T whole message is us vs them and if you are not us then you are not American. That is extremely dangerous and its working more and more every day. I see life long family and friends refusing to talk to each other over this. That is not the sign of a good leader and I just hope we can recover from it.

The article is pretty spot on in what is happening, the difference with Reagan's re-engineering was it still had heart for the people, Trump's only has heart for the people who like him.
                            Last edited by Staszek; 06-28-2018, 06:55 AM.
                            Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                              Abolishing ICE and "inhumane treatment" of criminals is a big issue to them
                              even as a leftist (and i'll take a moment to remind you all that that's *not* the same thing as a liberal) i recognize that abolishing ICE isn't going to happen, and given that immigration is only part of their lane, it's not necessarily a good idea, either. who is going to run the ports and manage the intake of all the shit we buy that's made, yanno, pretty much everywhere but here?

that said; it's important to point out that the "but obama" narrative from the right is not technically incorrect- he deported over 3M people during his tenure. what i'm not seeing a lot of discussion about is that what's changed under drumpf is where the net is being cast- from a focus on actual violent criminals, to anyone who entered via an extra-legal route.

it's quite obvious that the people who made this decision won't be significantly impacted by the economic effects of getting rid of undocumented laborers. if you still think "anyone without papers must go" a good idea, ok, but i hope you're aware of the cost increase that's going to involve when you go to the supermarket every week. you think your lettuce and tomatoes might get a bit more expensive if the people picking them have to have a W2 and be paid minimum wage, maybe?

oh and there's that whole thing in the constitution about due process and no cruel or unusual punishment- i definitely think unnecessarily separating detained families without a deadline for trial/processing and without responsibly tracking what kid goes with what parent- which is what we're doing- is cruel, unusual, and irresponsible.
                              past:
                              1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:
                              1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                                Why would it, most people my age and younger despise working even 40 hours a week 50 weeks a year. I despise the term work life balance when trying to justify this position ........
                                Obviously not all of the yougins are like this, and some have a great work ethic and lots of drive. You in fact may be one of them, but in this case you are the outlier not the norm.

Originally posted by Wschnitz
                                Its basically just old people and middle aged people falling victim to the whole 'tell a poor white hes better than a black man' meme but for generations.
                                WTF does this have to do with the race card??? 2 WTF are you even trying to point out here other than regurgitation of what your SJW college professors told you.

Originally posted by Wschnitz
                                Tell an old fuck he had it harder than this generation, ignoring the guaranteed SS, Medicare, 65 Retirement, Plentiful jobs not needing a degree..
                                I can go on.
                                Many of the those "old fucks" were fucking drafted and sent to shit holes around the world and shot at for at least a year. That was harder then sipping a latte and instagraming how well the froth was decorated. Many of those old fucks didnt have safety net, they made a living or they starved, or got really cold and wet. They couldn't run back to mommy's house and live there till they were in their 30s and had to have the courts run em off.

You want to blame SS on someone blame the fucking Feds..... Every president including the guy whos great deal it was a part of has used the SS funding to pay for other shit....

Why are you so salty about it......... Its part of life and one of those great social programs your type seem to be all in favor of. The money has to come from someplace

Still tons and tons and tons of really good jobs out there that dont need a degree to earn a great living..... You just have to look at them as not beneath your own standards of acceptability. Look to Mike Rowe's foundation for a little inspiration....
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X