No announcement yet.

Bumpers, bumpers, bumpers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too am a noob and very confused. I have an 87 325e, will these fit?
    http://https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/pts/6334198845.html

Comment

Originally posted by Blamfam View Post
      I too am a noob and very confused. I have an 87 325e, will these fit?
      http://https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/pts/6334198845.html
      youll have to modify the rear bumper as late models are a litle bit longer than early models

Read that^
      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

you should try to buy the car in the background of that craigslist link, Blamfam. that would be better than putting the rear bumper on your early car :)

Comment

Originally posted by superj View Post
          you should try to buy the car in the background of that craigslist link, Blamfam. that would be better than putting the rear bumper on your early car :)
          That’s pretty consistent with others thoughts...
          I’ll just get in line with all the other early e30 owners looking for euro bumpers

Comment

Originally posted by Blamfam View Post
            That’s pretty consistent with others thoughts...
            I’ll just get in line with all the other early e30 owners looking for euro bumpers
            ebay will score you some
            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Thanks for sharing these DIYs!

Comment

So I found a set of chrome euro bumpers for my 1985 2 door and the rear is installed. Thing is that the tips don't line up with the fender arches. The tips of the bumper stick almost an inch into the rear wheel arch.

I thought it was just an adjustment issue but I just found out that in 1987 /1988 BMW built metal bumper cars with the updated body style (lower rear arches etc) and that all metal bumper convertibles had the new body style.

It all makes sense because the bumpers I got were from a convertible.

OK - so the questions are:

1) Whether I can (or should) trim the metal bumpers to line up with my rear arches.

2) Whether I am going to have fitment issues with the front bumper . I plan to keep my stock 1985 318i valence installed.

Rear bumper looks great otherwise. I am prepared to live with the overhang.

Comment

hang on ,,,,

the chrome euro bumper end caps are different on convertibles to sedan/ coupe to m3 ones,,
                  u know,,,
                  I have some,,
                  which ones possibly wanted ?;D

Comment

Ok. Thanks for that, did not know.

I guess I need a set of euro bumper caps to fit a 1985 2 door.

Can you ship to WA state? I live in Vancouver Canada but am close to the border.

Can you email me at rexjoropo@gmail.com to sort out details?

Thanks for your help.

Jasper

Originally posted by brutus View Post

hang on ,,,,

the chrome euro bumper end caps are different on convertibles to sedan/ coupe to m3 ones,,
                    u know,,,
                    I have some,,
                    which ones possibly wanted ?;D
                    Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm unable to find what I'm looking for here, but i think the answer should be quick. I have an 88 and I just bought a plastic front bumper. Will i need different bumper shocks to fit the plastic bumper like i did for the rear or can I utilize what's already in there?

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                        I'm unable to find what I'm looking for here, but i think the answer should be quick. I have an 88 and I just bought a plastic front bumper. Will i need different bumper shocks to fit the plastic bumper like i did for the rear or can I utilize what's already in there?
                        I'm going to answer my own question here, because i just figured it out myself.

The answer is yes, you'll need new front shocks. You can use the front ones if they are drilled and compressed, but the bumper will sag and won't line up properly due to the strut mount itself.

Comment

Working...
                        X