Honda K24 swap interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda K24 swap interest?

Last edited by D3’min; 11-11-2018, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Honda K24 swap interest?

any updates? I thought there was going to be a finished setup by some time in June and then close to sale around now. kinda bummed since winter is almost here and I wanted to get a jump start on everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sladek View Post
        any updates? I thought there was going to be a finished setup by some time in June and then close to sale around now. kinda bummed since winter is almost here and I wanted to get a jump start on everything

Same here

Comment

Any updates?
          Originally posted by blunttech
          Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
          :shock:

Comment

Honda K24 swap interest?

Originally posted by D3’min View Post
            Hi guys I’m really interested to do this swap I have a 1991 325i with a blown m20 so practically it’s just a rolling shell.
            Question what zf trans and driveshaft would be best?

Would the m52 m54 swap guides help since there swapping in a zf trans ?

1991 318is 1991 325i

Swap in the s2k transmission; it matches the k series a lot better.

You need the short gears to hit vtec without too many downshifts and a 6th gear for overdrive

5 speed zf has no overdrive, if you want to use a Bmw gearbox use a zf6 speed; I put one in my e30 years ago with m20 engine and it was much improved.
            OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

also bump for updates!

Comment

Sorry if this is in the wrong category, but I have been accumulating the parts needed to swap in my K24A2 into my 325e. I need to decide on a differential and am leaning towards a 3.64lsd.
                I'll be running 205/55/15 tires (same as the e30 M3) paired to the Getrag 260.
                Using KMiata's gear calculator, I will be spinning 2,900rpm's at 70mph. This will be strictly a street car with maybe 250hp tops.
                My question is with the Getrag gearing and final drive gear ratio. VTEC doesn't kick in until 6k, but I won't be going that high very often. I tried comparing the stock 2008 6 speed gear ratios from the TSX with the G260, but tire size and final drive ratios are different.
                Maybe the only way is to buy a diff that's in the ballpark and try it out, sell it if it doesn't match?

Comment

Originally posted by rover215 View Post
                  Sorry if this is in the wrong category, but I have been accumulating the parts needed to swap in my K24A2 into my 325e. I need to decide on a differential and am leaning towards a 3.64lsd.
                  Using KMiata's gear calculator, I will be spinning 2,900rpm's at 70mph. This will be strictly a street car with maybe 250hp tops.
                  My question is with the Getrag gearing and final drive gear ratio. VTEC doesn't kick in until 6k, but I won't be going that high very often. I tried comparing the stock 2008 6 speed gear ratios from the TSX with the G260, but tire size and final drive ratios are different.
                  Maybe the only way is to buy a diff that's in the ballpark and try it out, sell it if it doesn't match?

you'll probably want as high as you can stand for a diff. I'm sure someone has calculated everything for a g260 with the various diffs but the Honda engines are gonna prefer shorter gearing. I was planning on using a 4.10 since that's what is paired with the m42. but idk the gear ratio differences from the g240 and the g260 off the top of my head

Comment

Honda K24 swap interest?

Originally posted by rover215 View Post

Getrag 5 speed gearing is pretty crappy compared to what the Honda 4 banger wants

You need a 6 speed as mentioned above; this is a Honda 4 banger motor not a Bmw I6 or v8. Or American v8

Your suggested combo of g260 with 1:1 4th and 0.8 overdrive 5th +3.64 would be good with a Chevy lsx v8
                    Last edited by Wanganstyle; 11-18-2018, 09:33 AM.

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Would a dry sump kit work?

Comment

And thanks you guys for the info I’m in the process of gathering parts also [emoji4][emoji106]

Comment

At dry sump kit
                          Would this work to clear the subframe instead of making a custom pan ?

Comment

It seems like it would still be cheaper with a custom pan.
                            Hank Ahrens
                            1984 Alpine Coupe
                            1978 911sc

Comment

Ok thanks [emoji120]

Comment

Originally posted by D3’min View Post

At dry sump kit
                                Would this work to clear the subframe instead of making a custom pan ?

Why bother at that point; just stuff in the f20c with proper front sump and it’s magical s2000 6 speed

Comment

Working...
                                X