No announcement yet.

A 50 year old Japanesse lady: SRL311 01228

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's OK. I think the same thing about everyone's e30 vs mine. Yours is coming together nicely. I like how your car has extra room in the compacts spaces.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	d21.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	7198266

The Datsun Sports 1600 (also known as “Fairlady”) has enjoyed some success in the USA and, given its characteristics, would have been successful in Europe too if it had been officially …

(This is sort of like an early version of Bring a Trailer)

"This model was designed by Albrecht Graf von Schlitz, Gen. von Goertz von Wrisberg (best known as Albrecht Goertz), the man who designed the BMW 507."

I did not know that.

Comment

Interesting!... I didnt know that.

In other news, since the Roadster is running and the E30 decided to throw a fit I have been daily driving the Roadster for the last few days. A little chilly in the AM on the freeway but otherwise its been fun
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
          [ATTACH]124398[/ATTACH]
          "This model was designed by Albrecht Graf von Schlitz, Gen. von Goertz von Wrisberg (best known as Albrecht Goertz), the man who designed the BMW 507."

I did not know that.
          FYI, they say he helped design the Z as well, but that's BS, so take that with a grain of salt.

Also, compare a roadster to an MGB sometime. They look kinda similar. Just a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
            FYI, they say he helped design the Z as well, but that's BS, so take that with a grain of salt.

Also, compare a roadster to an MGB sometime. They look kinda similar. Just a bit.
            That would be cool if its true...

The MGB & Roadster connection is one that will "haunt" the Roadster forever, but the Roadster S211 and the SR212 came out in 1959 and 1960 when the MGB came out in 1962 soooo.... haha
            Last edited by 2mAn; 11-13-2018, 08:14 PM.
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Great find/build thread with some really interesting explanations of the work done and the provenance of these great little machines. Many thanks for the read!

Current Bimmers:
              1991 525i, lagungrun
              1991 318i M54B30 swapped, brilliantrot
              1991 318i S52 swapped, diamantschwarz
              1991 Bertone FreeClimber (with 2.7i M20B27 engine)
              1989 325is, bronzit
              1982 320i M50B25 swapped, alpinweiss
              1981 320i, saphirblau
              1976 2002, mintgrun

"Murderbrick" 1991 318i M54B30 swap

Comment

Originally posted by Gentlejackjones View Post
                Great find/build thread with some really interesting explanations of the work done and the provenance of these great little machines. Many thanks for the read!
                My pleasure! The car is certainly a lot of fun and I look forward to enjoying it more and more... I think the E30 got jealous of the attention the Fairlady was getting and she committed seppuku
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

It’s been a rough few weeks, today was no exception luckily I walked out to this and got to have a nice sunset drive home
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Still daily driving it and she’s still drinking that 91 like a thirsty old b!tch... doesn’t help that I have a heavy foot with her either... damn she can look good though in the right light

Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

My last free weekend in a while and I didnt quite accomplish my goal, but made some good progress. The beautifully powdercoated roll bar I got from Harlan didnt have any lower plates, so I got my hands on some metal from a friend. Seems to be a nice thickness. I still dont have power in my garage, so I setup shop in the back corner of our balcony. Made plenty of dust, noise and only went a little more deaf.

In the end I had two plates for the main hoop, and a long piece for the diagonals.

This roll bar is the same exact style that the car came with, but sadly my hopes of predrilled holes that lined up were shotdown. Not sure if/ how this bar can be stretched to fit, so I will likely have to drill a few new holes in the body... add lightness amirite?

I still need to finish drilling the holes in the plates to match the holes in the bar, but heres a little preview

My plan for this roll bar and the plates is to do something similar to what the 44 car had done to attach the roll bar to the frame. I think RustBucket has similar plans and had spoken to some techs about it, so I think with some debate, I can get these approved for use. At least for HPDE use while I get closer to full race status.

In other news, my progress with the fabric and matching seat is looking good. Ive managed to connect with the Beard family and they may have some fabric left that will be an exact match for my seat. Im not sure if I should use it to cover that plastic Jegs seat so the two seats look exactly the same, or if I should be a single, FIA seat for the driver and use the material so they "match" and move this over to the pass side. Leaning towards the FIA seat right now... Hopefully I will have the material one of these days
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

That's sick.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

What a great soundtrack! Good work on the rollbar, too!
                            '85 Alpine Weiß 2-door with m20b30 ground up build

Comment

Mechanically sound!!!!
                              Beautiful little lady

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                                That's sick.
                                Originally posted by gnmzl View Post
                                What a great soundtrack! Good work on the rollbar, too!
                                Originally posted by slum dog View Post
                                Mechanically sound!!!!
                                Beautiful little lady
                                Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed the noise as much as I do. Im hoping to get some work done soon so that the noise matches the pace of the vehicle

I have to replace the timing chain and gears, which will require the head to come off, so I plan to have someone go through it and hopefully add a bigger cam too.

In addition to that, I will replace the current 3.7 rear end with a 3.9 ... I also picked up a 4.375 rear end that I plan to build up with a LSD unit and stash for race duties :devil:
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X